Other mailing lists

Aug 23, 2021, 7:13:57 PM8/23/21
to Sage Support Mailing List
I just joined this list a few days ago but also tried to join sage-algebra, that list however seems dead. The moderator has after almost a week not approved my membership and the last Google group posting seems to be from 2018...

Are there any other mailing lists/groups? I should also mention that the rss feeds mentioned on the sage site have defective links... Is the software dying or am I missing something?

David Joyner

Aug 23, 2021, 7:18:32 PM8/23/21
to SAGE support
On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 7:13 PM H <age...@meddatainc.com> wrote:
I just joined this list a few days ago but also tried to join sage-algebra, that list however seems dead. The moderator has after almost a week not approved my membership and the last Google group posting seems to be from 2018...

Are there any other mailing lists/groups? I should also mention that the rss feeds mentioned on the sage site have

defective links... Is the software dying or am I missing something?

Aug 23, 2021, 11:03:33 PM8/23/21
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's the page with the dead sage-algebra group and the non-working rss feeds...

John H Palmieri

Aug 24, 2021, 7:07:27 PM8/24/21
to sage-support
I believe that most of the traffic these days is on sage-support and sage-devel, rather than the more specialized groups. Feel free to post questions about Sage's algebra capabilities here.

David Lowry-Duda

Aug 25, 2021, 2:41:58 PM8/25/21
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
> I believe that most of the traffic these days is on sage-support and
> sage-devel, rather than the more specialized groups. Feel free to post
> questions about Sage's algebra capabilities here.

There is some activity on sage-nt too, but sage-support and sage-devel
are much more consistently active.

There is also a zulip chat with sporadic activity (much more activity
around sagedays events): https://www.sagemath.org/help-zulip.html

- DLD