sage 9.4 installation problem on ubuntu 20.04

Pierre Ernotte

Oct 1, 2021, 9:09:18 AM10/1/21
to sage-support
I have installed sage 9.2 on ubuntu 20.04 fron binaries and it works fine.
I tried to  install sage 9.4 with the same method but it doesn't work.
You will find an example in attached file with its log file.
sagemath9_4.png
crash_y4t5ykgu.log

Nathan Dunfield

Oct 1, 2021, 1:42:08 PM10/1/21
to sage-support
I have installed sage 9.2 on ubuntu 20.04 fron binaries and it works fine.
I tried to  install sage 9.4 with the same method but it doesn't work.
You will find an example in attached file with its log file.

Unfortunately, the current 9.4 binaries don't work on some older hardware because of how OpenBLAS was compiled.   This will be fixed in 9.5, until then you could either go back to 9.2 (I think 9.3 is also problematic, someone else might be able to clarify), or install via different method, such as:

A version of SageMath is also available as a Debian/Ubuntu package, not sure what version.

Best,

Nathan

ernottp

Oct 2, 2021, 5:27:09 AM10/2/21