Graphics are plotted on the wrong X11 display

alexeft...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2013, 11:27:26 AM8/2/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

I set up a sage server by adding the following line to my ~/.profile:

nohup sage -c "notebook(interface='', secure=True, automatic_login=False, directory='./sage_notebook.sagenb')" >/dev/null 2>&1 &

I run my sage server from an Ubuntu desktop.

When I login and try to plot graphics from my laptop, the figures appear on my desktop screen.

I tried looking for solutions to this online, but I could not find anything. Does anyone know what could cause this problem and how I might fix it?

Thanks,

Alex

alexeft...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2013, 2:02:53 PM8/2/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
It turns out that this was caused by setting SAGE_PATH to python's site-packages.

In hindsight, I realize this probably overwrote Sage's built in graphics libraries and caused the graphs to be plotted from the computer that started sage.