Offline help with Sage 9.0 from jupyter notebook did not work

Tom Flyer

Jan 4, 2020, 1:45:30 PM1/4/20
to sage-support

First thank you for these outstanding software. I just install download sage-9.0-Ubuntu_18.04-x86_64.tar.bz2 from sagemath.org.

The fresh installation run without any problem on my Notebook running with Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS.

But when I try to open Help - > Sage Documentation from jupyter notebook I get an „404 Not Found(You are requesting a page that does not exist!)“ error.

The application try to open http://localhost:8888/kernelspecs/sagemath/doc/index.html?v=20200104184217. Same problem with „Sage Tutorial“ and

„Thematic Tutorials“.

The help pages are shown when I use the command manual() or tutorial() from command line or in an jupyter notebook.

I appreciate any help, thanks.

Tom

Eric Gourgoulhon

Jan 6, 2020, 7:44:06 AM1/6/20
to sage-support
Just a data point: "Help - > Sage Documentation" in the Jupyter notebook works with Sage 9.0 built from source in Ubuntu 18.04.

Eric.