pyOpenSSL installed web server version still won't run

nerak99

Dec 4, 2012, 7:04:45 PM12/4/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to get the VM version running and allowing external users to access.
I am writing instructions for others and overall, the VM is the easiest option for my target audience.

a) The wiki is out of date as the launch process has changed from using .bash_profile to combining this with .xinitrc
b) I have unpicked things to the extent that it tries to run but I got the pyOpenSSL message.
c) I yum installed pyOpenSSL and rebooted. Problem still there. (Although pyOpenSSL was not previously installed. (Do I need an import or a soft link somewhere?)
d) The VM no longer auto logs in the "sage" account. I have to login manually.

Any suggestions. Sorry if this is a repost, I have searched.

nerak99

Dec 4, 2012, 7:14:47 PM12/4/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Update: sage -i pyopenssl helped me make progress along with some updates to the launch parameters. Currently stuck on certtool being required.

nerak99

Dec 4, 2012, 7:22:30 PM12/4/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Ah gnutlsutils got that sorted

nerak99

Dec 4, 2012, 7:45:10 PM12/4/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Well I have it working. At least I have logged the issue

Anyone suggest why an iphone 4 can connect but an iPad displays a blank screen and the spinning pizza of "wait forever".
Also, anyone know whether the VBox VM maintainer is till around?

Volker Braun

Dec 4, 2012, 8:36:56 PM12/4/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I indeed made some changes to the VM to fix the automatic login issue (or lack thereof). I haven't updated the wiki page. It would be great if you could make the changes, since you seem to have figured out what to do ;-)

nerak99

Dec 5, 2012, 3:43:16 AM12/5/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for answering.

Yes I will do the update once I have a log in.

Unfortunately I am having a few issues getting VB to launch the sage appliance without whinging. My audience requires a launch from VBox with no error messages, (even if the messages do not matter!).

I am getting the fast tsc error and also  the upgrade BIOS addre= blah blah errors.

I will fix the wiki so the published appliance will work but wondered whether it might be a good idea to update the appliance that is on the sage site?

I am doing a vanilla build with Fedora and will post back whether I manage to achieve a clean build with no errors on launch.

Brian

Volker Braun

Dec 5, 2012, 5:50:16 AM12/5/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
The build script is here if you want to look into the tsc error message:

https://bitbucket.org/vbraun/sage-virtual-appliance-buildscript

Though it seems this error message is bogous and will be downgraded to devel-level in the kernel soon. So just doing nothing will eventually solve it ;-)

nerak99

Dec 5, 2012, 6:42:18 AM12/5/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that, I have got to the bit where I am downloading the source into a VMDK based FC17, which is the build of my current Sage server.
I will hijack your scripts if that is OK, I am not a cli expert and the scripts will help enormously.