Quaternions and Lorentz Transformations

Marco Pereira

Apr 16, 2022, 5:55:31 AM4/16/22
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to understand how to use Quaternions within sagemath to replicate Lorentz transforms.

In other words, Lorentz transforms are rotations within a 4D spacetime and I need to understand how they can be expressed in terms of quaternions.

I looked up examples of quaternions usage and they seem cryptic...

Since I suspect this issue has been solved a long time ago, I am asking for help finding the appropriate code.

Cheers,

Marco

Alan Stafford

Apr 22, 2022, 6:52:44 PM4/22/22
to sage-support
I was trying to look at the link between quaternions and twistor space. I did a little notebook. Not exactly what you are looking at but it might help.
Twistor.ipynb