Notebook: How to print long output lines (>72 characters) without breaks?

geo909

May 19, 2013, 1:12:27 PM5/19/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am using Sage 4.3 with the notebook interface. I would like
to have very long output lines, probably 100 characters or
more, without breaks on the screen.

For instance, if I give
print 72*"x"
I get

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
which is fine.

But with
print 100*"x"
I get
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to have instead:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How can I force sage not to do automatic line breaks?

Many thanks in advance

Jim Clark

May 19, 2013, 5:12:32 PM5/19/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
With the mouse pointer, click to the left of the line that is broken up. That will toggle the output line to the non-breaking state.

(I only recently discovered this solution when I was having the same problem.)

Jim Clark

Georgios Tzanakis

May 19, 2013, 7:04:17 PM5/19/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
That was simpler than I thought.. Thanks so much!