[sage-support] Saving/printing worksheets in 'windows OS

131 views
Skip to first unread message

Timothy Paysen

unread,
May 18, 2010, 1:27:30 PM5/18/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I cannot find a way to generate of 'hard copy' or file copy of a worksheet using Sage in the VirtualBox machine.  The 'shared file' approach mentioned in the VirtualBox software doesn't even do what it says--it shares a file under the Sage 'home'--which doesn't actually exits in the Window structure (I'm using Windows 7).  Is there any way of doing this?  Am I missing something.  (I'm working through the 'Notebook' facility on Mozilla Firefox)

Tim Paysen 

--
To post to this group, send email to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sage-support...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support
URL: http://www.sagemath.org

Jason Grout

unread,
May 18, 2010, 1:49:19 PM5/18/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On 05/18/2010 12:27 PM, Timothy Paysen wrote:
> I cannot find a way to generate of 'hard copy' or file copy of a
> worksheet using Sage in the VirtualBox machine. The 'shared file'
> approach mentioned in the VirtualBox software doesn't even do what it
> says--it shares a file under the Sage 'home'--which doesn't actually
> exits in the Window structure (I'm using Windows 7). Is there any way
> of doing this? Am I missing something. (I'm working through the
> 'Notebook' facility on Mozilla Firefox)
>

In a worksheet, on the left, just above the first cell, there is a
dropdown select box with the word "File" written in it. Click on that
and choose "Save worksheet to a file..."

Is that what you are looking for?

Thanks,

Jason

Dennis Watson

unread,
May 18, 2010, 3:35:57 PM5/18/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I am unable to get a TinyMCE toolbar with sagenb.org 4.4.1. If I save
the worksheet and open in a localhost sage, it works fine.
I have tried under Mac OSX 10.5, windows xp, windows 7. I have used
Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and IE. Is this a known (or unknown) bug? Is
there a workaround?

Dennis Watson
Clark College Mathematics Division

Jason Grout

unread,
May 18, 2010, 3:52:45 PM5/18/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On 05/18/2010 02:35 PM, Dennis Watson wrote:
> I am unable to get a TinyMCE toolbar with sagenb.org 4.4.1. If I save
> the worksheet and open in a localhost sage, it works fine.
> I have tried under Mac OSX 10.5, windows xp, windows 7. I have used
> Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and IE. Is this a known (or unknown) bug? Is
> there a workaround?
>

It works for me on sagenb.org. I'm on Ubuntu 9.10, Firefox 3.5.9.

What exactly are you doing that doesn't work? Do you have a specific
worksheet you are talking about?

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Grout

William Stein

unread,
May 18, 2010, 4:28:45 PM5/18/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Jason Grout
<jason...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> On 05/18/2010 12:27 PM, Timothy Paysen wrote:
>>
>> I cannot find a way to generate of 'hard copy' or file copy of a
>> worksheet using Sage in the VirtualBox machine.  The 'shared file'
>> approach mentioned in the VirtualBox software doesn't even do what it
>> says--it shares a file under the Sage 'home'--which doesn't actually
>> exits in the Window structure (I'm using Windows 7).  Is there any way
>> of doing this?  Am I missing something.  (I'm working through the
>> 'Notebook' facility on Mozilla Firefox)
>>
>
> In a worksheet, on the left, just above the first cell, there is a dropdown
> select box with the word "File" written in it.  Click on that and choose
> "Save worksheet to a file..."
>
> Is that what you are looking for?

No. That would save the file inside the virtual machine. The best
solution currently for this user, is to
access the VM from Firefox run from Microsoft Windows. The address
will be something like http://192.168.1.123 or something.
It appears in a popup dialog or window...

>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason
>
> --
> To post to this group, send email to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> sage-support...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support
> URL: http://www.sagemath.org
>



--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington
http://wstein.org

Dennis Watson

unread,
May 18, 2010, 5:10:37 PM5/18/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
In uploaded worksheets, in new worksheets,  in worksheets from the archives, if I shift-click, I get either a small textbox, with save cancel buttons or a thin line with save cancel buttons. I haven't tried it in Ubuntu yet, but will.
dww

Dennis Watson

unread,
May 18, 2010, 5:15:35 PM5/18/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Tried Ubuntu, same problem.
dww
On May 18, 2010, at 12:52 PM, Jason Grout wrote:

kcrisman

unread,
May 19, 2010, 9:15:50 AM5/19/10
to sage-support


On May 18, 5:15 pm, Dennis Watson <dwat...@clark.edu> wrote:
> Tried Ubuntu, same problem.
> dww
> On May 18, 2010, at 12:52 PM, Jason Grout wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On 05/18/2010 02:35 PM, Dennis Watson wrote:
> >> I am unable to get a TinyMCE toolbar with sagenb.org 4.4.1. If I save
> >> the worksheet and open in a localhost sage, it works fine.
> >> I have tried under Mac OSX 10.5, windows xp, windows 7. I have used
> >> Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and IE. Is this a known (or unknown) bug? Is
> >> there a workaround?
>
> > It works for me on sagenb.org.  I'm on Ubuntu 9.10, Firefox 3.5.9.
>
> > What exactly are you doing that doesn't work?  Do you have a  
> > specific worksheet you are talking about?
>

Just wondering... is it possible that you have Javascript disabled for
outside servers? (I don't even know if this is a preference, but
figured I'd ask.) If you look at a page with mathematical symbols
typeset, do they render at all correctly on sagenb.org, versus your
own computer?

- kcrisman

Dennis Watson

unread,
May 19, 2010, 2:04:13 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
The f.show() command gives what appears to be Latex output. I can't
find a preference regarding Javascript from the outside. This is not a
new problem. Nathan Carter from Bently U. has students with the same
problem.

dww

William Stein

unread,
May 19, 2010, 2:15:19 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Dennis Watson <dwa...@clark.edu> wrote:
> The f.show() command gives what appears to be Latex output. I can't find a
> preference regarding Javascript from the outside. This is not a new problem.
> Nathan Carter from Bently U. has students with the same problem.
>

What happens if you do the following:

1. Click the jsmath button on the lower right.
2. Click "Options"
3. Select "Use native unicode fonts".

William
--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington
http://wstein.org

Dennis Watson

unread,
May 19, 2010, 2:58:34 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
f.show() works now, but still no toolbar with TinyMCE
dww

Jason Grout

unread,
May 19, 2010, 3:15:45 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On 05/18/2010 04:15 PM, Dennis Watson wrote:
> Tried Ubuntu, same problem.

Does TinyMCE here work?

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/examples/full.php

Jason

Dennis Watson

unread,
May 19, 2010, 3:35:07 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
The link has examples that DO work. I get the toolbar, etc. when I shift-click in the Localhost version of sage.
Just not in the sagenb version. Also, on some computers I get error message -7, jsmath hasn't setup properly. This only occurs with sagenb, not localhost
dww

Jason Grout

unread,
May 19, 2010, 4:08:50 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On 05/19/2010 02:35 PM, Dennis Watson wrote:
> The link has examples that DO work. I get the toolbar, etc. when I
> shift-click in the Localhost version of sage.
> Just not in the sagenb version. Also, on *some* computers I get error

The symptoms you describe indicate that the javascript for tinymce is
not loading. In firefox, this is fairly straightforward to investigate,
if you have a few minutes. You'll have to do this, because it doesn't
seem like any of us can reproduce this.

Can you install the firebug Firefox addon? That will let us easily see
what files are loading and what files are giving errors.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843/

After you install it, there will be a small bug picture in the lower
left of the browser window, in the status bar. Click on it and a window
will pop up in the lower half of the browser. Click on the "Net" in
that window and enable it. Then go to Sagenb.org, log into a worksheet,
and hit shift-refresh (that will clear your cache, so we see exactly
what is trying to load; alternatively, you can just clear your browser
cache). Then get the problem to show up. Then please post back here
with any errors you see in files loading. We are particularly
interested in the GET tiny_mce.js line.

> message -7, jsmath hasn't setup properly. This only occurs with sagenb,
> not localhost
> dww

The -7 error is talking about fonts. Apparently you don't have the TeX
fonts installed for jsmath, and there have been problems trying to get
the image fonts to work with sagenb in the past, so they aren't
installed there (what a shame...)

Thanks,

Dennis Watson

unread,
May 19, 2010, 5:04:37 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
GETs
en.js 301 Moved Permanently
en.js 200 OK
editor_template.js 301 Moved Permanently
editor_plugin.js 301. Move Permanently
editor_plugin.js 301. Move Permanently
editor_plugin.js 301. Move Permanently
editor_plugin.js 301. Move Permanently
editor_template.js 200 OK
editor_plugin.js 200 OK
editor_plugin.js 200 OK
editor_plugin.js 200 OK
editor_plugin.js 200 OK
def.js 404 Not Found

Jason Grout

unread,
May 19, 2010, 5:46:34 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On 05/19/2010 04:04 PM, Dennis Watson wrote:
> GETs
> en.js 301 Moved Permanently
> en.js 200 OK
> editor_template.js 301 Moved Permanently
> editor_plugin.js 301. Move Permanently
> editor_plugin.js 301. Move Permanently
> editor_plugin.js 301. Move Permanently
> editor_plugin.js 301. Move Permanently
> editor_template.js 200 OK
> editor_plugin.js 200 OK
> editor_plugin.js 200 OK
> editor_plugin.js 200 OK
> editor_plugin.js 200 OK
> def.js 404 Not Found
>
>

Now, if you click on the + icon next to the file names, it will give us
more information about what the error message is.

Can you post some of those? In particular, after clicking on the +
sign, it would be interesting to see the "Headers" information and the
"Response" information.

That's odd that each file seems to have a 301 status, but then later is
OK, except for def.js. In fact, I don't have a def.js listed in my
firebug window for sagenb.org.

Dennis Watson

unread,
May 19, 2010, 6:39:53 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanx for all your help. I hope this tells the tale.
dww
On May 19, 2010, at 2:46 PM, Jason Grout wrote:

On 05/19/2010 04:04 PM, Dennis Watson wrote:
GETs
en.js 301 Moved Permanently

Response Headersview source
DateWed, 19 May 2010 22:23:51 GMT
ServerTwisted/9.0.0 TwistedWeb/[twisted.web2, version 8.1.0]
Content-Length197
Content-Typetext/html
Locationhttp://sagenb.org/home/dwa...@sagenb.org/javascript/tiny_mce/langs/en.js/
Via1.1 sagenb.org
Keep-Alivetimeout=15, max=95
ConnectionKeep-Alive
Request Headersview source
Hostsagenb.org
User-AgentMozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Accept*/*
Accept-Languageen-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encodinggzip,deflate
Accept-CharsetISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive115
Connectionkeep-alive
Refererhttp://sagenb.org/home/dwa...@clark.edu/7/
Cookienb_session_8888=befe895243acfb77b0b8b42384ca0920

en.js 200 OK

Response Headersview source
DateWed, 19 May 2010 22:23:51 GMT
ServerTwisted/9.0.0 TwistedWeb/[twisted.web2, version 8.1.0]
Accept-Rangesbytes
Content-Typetext/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Length2541
Via1.1 sagenb.org
Keep-Alivetimeout=15, max=90
ConnectionKeep-Alive
Request Headersview source
Hostsagenb.org
User-AgentMozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Accepttext/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Languageen-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encodinggzip,deflate
Accept-CharsetISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive115
Connectionkeep-alive
Refererhttp://sagenb.org/home/dwa...@clark.edu/7/
Cookienb_session_8888=befe895243acfb77b0b8b42384ca0920

Resonse

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
<html lang="en">
    <head>
        <title>
Error
 -- Sage</title>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
        
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content=";url=" />

        
        <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/css/main.css" />
        
        
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/jquery/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
        
        
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/sage/ws_list.js"></script>
        
        
        
        
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/sage/master.js"></script>
    </head>
    <body id=""
          class="">
        
        <div id="header">
            
            <div id="top-bar">
                <div id="banner">
                    <a class="banner" href="http://nb.sagemath.org/">
                        <img align="top" src="/images/sagenb.png" alt="Sage" /><span>The Sage Notebook</span>
                    </a>
                    <span class="ping" id="ping">Searching<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
<html lang="en">
    <head>
        <title>
Error
 -- Sage</title>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
        
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content=";url=" />

        
        <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/css/main.css" />
        
        
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/jquery/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
        
        
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/sage/ws_list.js"></script>
        
        
        
        
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/sage/master.js"></script>
    </head>
    <body id=""
          class="">
        
        <div id="header">
            
            <div id="top-bar">
                <div id="banner">
                    <a class="banner" href="http://nb.sagemath.org/">
                        <img align="top" src="/images/sagenb.png" alt="Sage" /><span>The Sage Notebook</span>
                    </a>
                    <span class="ping" id="ping">Searching for Sage server...</span>
                    <div class="version">
                        Version 4.4.1
                    </div>
                </div>
                
<div id="main-controls" class="controls">
    <ul>
        <li class="username">dwa...@sagenb.org</li>
        
        <li><a id="toggle-link" title="Toggle the top bar" onClick="$('#worksheet-bar').toggle()">Toggle</a></li>
        <li><a title="Back to your personal worksheet list" href="/home/dwa...@sagenb.org">Home</a></li>
        
        <li><a title="Browse the published worksheets" href="/pub">Published</a></li>
        <li><a title="View a log of recent computations" href="#" onClick="history_window()">Log</a></li>
        
        <li><a title="Change account settings including password" href="/settings">Settings</a></li>
        <li><a title="Documentation" href="#" onClick="help()">Help</a></li>
        <li><a title="Report a problem or submit a bug to improve Sage" href="#" onClick="bugreport()">Report a Problem</a></li>
        <li><a title="Log out of the Sage notebook" href="/logout">Sign out</a></li>
        
    </ul>
</div>

            </div>
            
        </div>
        <div id="main">
            
<div>
    The user 'dwa...@sagenb.org' has no worksheet 'javascript'.
</div>

<div style="padding: 1.0em; text-align: center;">
    <a class="boldusercontrol" href="/">Continue</a>
</div>


        </div>
        
    </body>
</html> for Sage server...</span>
                    <div class="version">
                        Version 4.4.1
                    </div>
                </div>
                
<div id="main-controls" class="controls">
    <ul>
        <li class="username">dwa...@sagenb.org</li>
        
        <li><a id="toggle-link" title="Toggle the top bar" onClick="$('#worksheet-bar').toggle()">Toggle</a></li>
        <li><a title="Back to your personal worksheet list" href="/home/dwa...@sagenb.org">Home</a></li>
        
        <li><a title="Browse the published worksheets" href="/pub">Published</a></li>
        <li><a title="View a log of recent computations" href="#" onClick="history_window()">Log</a></li>
        
        <li><a title="Change account settings including password" href="/settings">Settings</a></li>
        <li><a title="Documentation" href="#" onClick="help()">Help</a></li>
        <li><a title="Report a problem or submit a bug to improve Sage" href="#" onClick="bugreport()">Report a Problem</a></li>
        <li><a title="Log out of the Sage notebook" href="/logout">Sign out</a></li>
        
    </ul>
</div>

            </div>
            
        </div>
        <div id="main">
            
<div>
    The user 'dwa...@sagenb.org' has no worksheet 'javascript'.
</div>

<div style="padding: 1.0em; text-align: center;">
    <a class="boldusercontrol" href="/">Continue</a>
</div>


        </div>
        
    </body>
</html>
editor_template.js 301 Moved Permanently
Response Headersview source
DateWed, 19 May 2010 22:23:51 GMT
ServerTwisted/9.0.0 TwistedWeb/[twisted.web2, version 8.1.0]
Content-Length220
Content-Typetext/html
Locationhttp://sagenb.org/home/dwa...@sagenb.org/javascript/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/editor_template.js/
Via1.1 sagenb.org
Keep-Alivetimeout=15, max=92
ConnectionKeep-Alive
Request Headersview source
Hostsagenb.org
User-AgentMozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Accept*/*
Accept-Languageen-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encodinggzip,deflate
Accept-CharsetISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive115
Connectionkeep-alive
Refererhttp://sagenb.org/home/dwa...@clark.edu/7/
Cookienb_session_8888=befe895243acfb77b0b8b42384ca0920

editor_plugin.js 301. Move Permanently

DateWed, 19 May 2010 22:23:51 GMT
ServerTwisted/9.0.0 TwistedWeb/[twisted.web2, version 8.1.0]
Content-Length216
Content-Typetext/html
Locationhttp://sagenb.org/home/dwa...@sagenb.org/javascript/tiny_mce/plugins/table/editor_plugin.js/
Via1.1 sagenb.org
Keep-Alivetimeout=15, max=93
ConnectionKeep-Alive
Request Headersview source
Hostsagenb.org
User-AgentMozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Accept*/*
Accept-Languageen-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encodinggzip,deflate
Accept-CharsetISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive115
Connectionkeep-alive
Refererhttp://sagenb.org/home/dwa...@clark.edu/7/
Cookienb_session_8888=befe895243acfb77b0b8b42384ca0920

editor_plugin.js 301. Move Permanently
editor_plugin.js 301. Move Permanently
editor_plugin.js 301. Move Permanently
editor_template.js 200 OK
DateWed, 19 May 2010 22:23:51 GMT
ServerTwisted/9.0.0 TwistedWeb/[twisted.web2, version 8.1.0]
Accept-Rangesbytes
Content-Typetext/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Length2541
Via1.1 sagenb.org
Keep-Alivetimeout=15, max=89
ConnectionKeep-Alive
Request Headersview source
Hostsagenb.org
User-AgentMozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Accepttext/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Languageen-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encodinggzip,deflate
Accept-CharsetISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive115
Connectionkeep-alive
Refererhttp://sagenb.org/home/dwa...@clark.edu/7/
Cookienb_session_8888=befe895243acfb77b0b8b42384ca0920

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
<html lang="en">
    <head>
        <title>
Error
 -- Sage</title>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
        
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content=";url=" />

        
        <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/css/main.css" />
        
        
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/jquery/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
        
        
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/sage/ws_list.js"></script>
        
        
        
        
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/sage/master.js"></script>
    </head>
    <body id=""
          class="">
        
        <div id="header">
            
            <div id="top-bar">
                <div id="banner">
                    <a class="banner" href="http://nb.sagemath.org/">
                        <img align="top" src="/images/sagenb.png" alt="Sage" /><span>The Sage Notebook</span>
                    </a>
                    <span class="ping" id="ping">Searching for Sage server...</span>
                    <div class="version">
                        Version 4.4.1
                    </div>
                </div>
                
<div id="main-controls" class="controls">
    <ul>
        <li class="username">dwa...@sagenb.org</li>
        
        <li><a id="toggle-link" title="Toggle the top bar" onClick="$('#worksheet-bar').toggle()">Toggle</a></li>
        <li><a title="Back to your personal worksheet list" href="/home/dwa...@sagenb.org">Home</a></li>
        
        <li><a title="Browse the published worksheets" href="/pub">Published</a></li>
        <li><a title="View a log of recent computations" href="#" onClick="history_window()">Log</a></li>
        
        <li><a title="Change account settings including password" href="/settings">Settings</a></li>
        <li><a title="Documentation" href="#" onClick="help()">Help</a></li>
        <li><a title="Report a problem or submit a bug to improve Sage" href="#" onClick="bugreport()">Report a Problem</a></li>
        <li><a title="Log out of the Sage notebook" href="/logout">Sign out</a></li>
        
    </ul>
</div>

            </div>
            
        </div>
        <div id="main">
            
<div>
    The user 'dwa...@sagenb.org' has no worksheet 'javascript'.
</div>

<div style="padding: 1.0em; text-align: center;">
    <a class="boldusercontrol" href="/">Continue</a>
</div>


        </div>
        
    </body>
</html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
<html lang="en">
    <head>
        <title>
Error
 -- Sage</title>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
        
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content=";url=" />

        
        <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/css/main.css" />
        
        
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/jquery/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
        
        
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/sage/ws_list.js"></script>
        
        
        
        
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/sage/master.js"></script>
    </head>
    <body id=""
          class="">
        
        <div id="header">
            
            <div id="top-bar">
                <div id="banner">
                    <a class="banner" href="http://nb.sagemath.org/">
                        <img align="top" src="/images/sagenb.png" alt="Sage" /><span>The Sage Notebook</span>
                    </a>
                    <span class="ping" id="ping">Searching for Sage server...</span>
                    <div class="version">
                        Version 4.4.1
                    </div>
                </div>
                
<div id="main-controls" class="controls">
    <ul>
        <li class="username">dwa...@sagenb.org</li>
        
        <li><a id="toggle-link" title="Toggle the top bar" onClick="$('#worksheet-bar').toggle()">Toggle</a></li>
        <li><a title="Back to your personal worksheet list" href="/home/dwa...@sagenb.org">Home</a></li>
        
        <li><a title="Browse the published worksheets" href="/pub">Published</a></li>
        <li><a title="View a log of recent computations" href="#" onClick="history_window()">Log</a></li>
        
        <li><a title="Change account settings including password" href="/settings">Settings</a></li>
        <li><a title="Documentation" href="#" onClick="help()">Help</a></li>
        <li><a title="Report a problem or submit a bug to improve Sage" href="#" onClick="bugreport()">Report a Problem</a></li>
        <li><a title="Log out of the Sage notebook" href="/logout">Sign out</a></li>
        
    </ul>
</div>

            </div>
            
        </div>
        <div id="main">
            
<div>
    The user 'dwa...@sagenb.org' has no worksheet 'javascript'.
</div>

<div style="padding: 1.0em; text-align: center;">
    <a class="boldusercontrol" href="/">Continue</a>
</div>


        </div>
        
    </body>
</html>
editor_plugin.js 200 OK
editor_plugin.js 200 OK
editor_plugin.js 200 OK
editor_plugin.js 200 OK
def.js 404 Not Found
DateWed, 19 May 2010 22:24:01 GMT
ServerTwisted/9.0.0 TwistedWeb/[twisted.web2, version 8.1.0]
Content-Length161
Content-Typetext/html
Via1.1 sagenb.org
Keep-Alivetimeout=15, max=91
ConnectionKeep-Alive
Request Headersview source
Hostsagenb.org
User-AgentMozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Accepttext/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Languageen-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encodinggzip,deflate
Accept-CharsetISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive115
Connectionkeep-alive
Refererhttp://sagenb.org/home/dwa...@clark.edu/7/
Cookienb_session_8888=befe895243acfb77b0b8b42384ca0920; jsMath=font%3Asymbol%2Cwarn%3A0

<html><head><title>404 Not Found</title></head><body><h1>Not Found</h1>The resource /javascript/jsmath/fonts/cm-fonts/alpha/def.js cannot be found.</body></html>



Now, if you click on the + icon next to the file names, it will give us more information about what the error message is.

Can you post some of those?  In particular, after clicking on the + sign, it would be interesting to see the "Headers" information and the "Response" information.

That's odd that each file seems to have a 301 status, but then later is OK, except for def.js.  In fact, I don't have a def.js listed in my firebug window for sagenb.org.

Jason

--
To post to this group, send email to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sage-support...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support
URL: http://www.sagemath.org

Jason Grout

unread,
May 19, 2010, 6:56:27 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On 05/19/2010 05:39 PM, Dennis Watson wrote:
> Thanx for all your help. I hope this tells the tale.

Thanks. This certainly helps.

That URL certainly looks odd. I think that it should be:

http://sagenb.org/javascript/tiny_mce/langs/en.js

Does anyone know how /home/dwa...@sagenb.org got into that URL??

What is your username on sagenb? Is it just dwatson, or is it
dwa...@sagenb.org? If the latter, maybe the @ sign is causing a
problem here.

A username is certainly something that would be different between
sagenb.org and a local installation. Can you try registering a new
simple username on sagenb.org and seeing if that works?


Thanks,

Dennis Watson

unread,
May 19, 2010, 7:13:58 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
That did it!!!!! I had dwa...@clark.edu as my user-name. Changed it
to dwatson and tinymce works!!!
Again, THANX for all you help.
Dennis

Jason Grout

unread,
May 19, 2010, 7:37:44 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On 05/19/2010 06:13 PM, Dennis Watson wrote:
> That did it!!!!! I had dwa...@clark.edu as my user-name. Changed it to
> dwatson and tinymce works!!!
> Again, THANX for all you help.


This is being tracked here now:

http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/8995

Thanks for helping us find the bug!

Dan Drake

unread,
May 19, 2010, 7:59:01 PM5/19/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 19 May 2010 at 04:13PM -0700, Dennis Watson wrote:
> That did it!!!!! I had dwa...@clark.edu as my user-name. Changed it
> to dwatson and tinymce works!!!

We should either fix things so that `@' is allowed in usernames, or
explicitly forbid such characters.

This is now http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/8996 .

Dan

--
--- Dan Drake
----- http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake
-------

signature.asc

TimP

unread,
May 21, 2010, 4:29:10 AM5/21/10
to sage-support
I tried your approach--and Firefox has never liked the suggested
'numerical' URLs that have been mentioned in SAGE releases. BUT--I
rediscovered the online use of SAGE at http://www.sagenb.org. I had
apparently tried it out before I started practicing with SAGE on my
computer, because it had an old worksheet of mine sitting there. I
was able to start a new worksheet, copy and paste the worksheet
elements from Virt. Box to the online sheet, and everything works fine
(actually better--the online version is using 4.4.1, and I can't get
it put together on my windows setup). So--everything works quite
well. I can print the worksheet out in PDF form if I want, and can
actually use SAGE for something other than practice.
Thanks.

Tim Paysen

On May 18, 1:28 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Jason Grout
>
>
>
>
>
> <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> > On 05/18/2010 12:27 PM, Timothy Paysen wrote:
>
> >> I cannot find a way to generate of 'hard copy' or file copy of a
> >> worksheet using Sage in the VirtualBox machine.  The 'shared file'
> >> approach mentioned in the VirtualBox software doesn't even do what it
> >> says--it shares a file under the Sage 'home'--which doesn't actually
> >> exits in the Window structure (I'm using Windows 7).  Is there any way
> >> of doing this?  Am I missing something.  (I'm working through the
> >> 'Notebook' facility on Mozilla Firefox)
>
> > In a worksheet, on the left, just above the first cell, there is a dropdown
> > select box with the word "File" written in it.  Click on that and choose
> > "Save worksheet to a file..."
>
> > Is that what you are looking for?
>
> No.  That would save the file inside the virtual machine.  The best
> solution currently for this user, is to
> access the VM from Firefox run from Microsoft Windows.  The address
> will be something likehttp://192.168.1.123or something.
> It appears in a popup dialog or window...
>
>
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Jason
>
> > --
> > To post to this group, send email to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > sage-support...@googlegroups.com
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support
> > URL:http://www.sagemath.org
>
> --
> William Stein
> Professor of Mathematics
> University of Washingtonhttp://wstein.org
>
> --
> To post to this group, send email to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sage-support...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/group/sage-support

William Stein

unread,
May 21, 2010, 10:20:33 AM5/21/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, May 21, 2010, TimP <timothy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried your approach--and Firefox has never liked the suggested
> 'numerical' URLs that have been mentioned in SAGE releases.  BUT--I
> rediscovered the online use of SAGE at http://www.sagenb.org.  I had
> apparently tried it out before I started practicing with SAGE on my
> computer, because it had an old worksheet of mine sitting there.  I
> was able to start a new worksheet, copy and paste the worksheet
> elements from Virt. Box to the online sheet, and everything works fine
> (actually better--the online version is using 4.4.1, and I can't get
> it put together on my windows setup).  So--everything works quite
> well.  I can print the worksheet out in PDF form if I want, and can
> actually use SAGE for something other than practice.
> Thanks.
>
> Tim Paysen

Hey, that is great idea about how to solve this problem.
I want to make it easy to sync worksheets, so the vbox can be viewed
as basically sagenb offline.

William
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages