customization of sage docker

pong

Mar 27, 2022, 12:12:49 PM3/27/22
to sage-support
I am switching to running sage docker image since the latest binaries for linux is no longer available. But can I make any customization, say in init.sage survive the quitting of docker?
If yes, may I get some help on how?

Henri Girard

Mar 28, 2022, 3:27:09 AM3/28/22
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

I am not answering directly to your question, but why don't use wsl if you are on windows ?

As you don't say which OS you use I can't really say much ?

slelievre

Mar 28, 2022, 3:58:32 AM3/28/22
to sage-support
2022-03-27 16:12:49 UTC, pong:
On Linux, installing via Conda works really well.
Maybe that would work better for you? It would
definitely take your `init.sage` into account.

Dima Pasechnik

Mar 28, 2022, 9:54:16 AM3/28/22
to sage-support
On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 5:12 PM pong <wypo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am switching to running sage docker image since the latest binaries for linux is no longer available. But can I make any customization, say in init.sage survive the quitting of docker?

This isn't Sage-specific; yes, you can modify docker images and save
("commit", in dockerspeak) modifications. See e.g.
https://phoenixnap.com/kb/how-to-commit-changes-to-docker-image

HTH
Dima

> If yes, may I get some help on how?

Wai Yan Pong

Mar 30, 2022, 12:57:54 PM3/30/22
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dima. I followed the tutorial and was able to save the changes to a new docker image.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "sage-support" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-support/CAAWYfq2XyE1AVp-%3Dsb-HMkMaiUhOnyXRYVzej_ep_bzXgYG2Wg%40mail.gmail.com.