[ANN] MATLAB fmincon now available in Python

dmitrey

Sep 30, 2013, 4:35:17 PM9/30/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
current state of Python <-> MATLAB connection soft doesn't allow passing of function handlers, however, a walkaround has been implemented via some tricks, so now MATLAB function fmincon is available in Python-written OpenOpt and FuncDesigner frameworks (with possibility of automatic differentiation,  example ).

Future plans  include MATLAB fsolve, ode23, ode45 (unlike scipy fsolve and ode they can handle sparse matrices), fgoalattain, maybe global optimization toolbox solvers.

I intend to post the message to several forums, so to keep discussion in a single place use OpenOpt forum thread
http://forum.openopt.org/viewtopic.php?id=769

Regards, D.

William Stein

Sep 30, 2013, 4:38:13 PM9/30/13
to sage-support
Thanks. Could you also comment on whether the same statements apply
with Octave instead of Matlab?

William

> --

William Stein