Build sage without documentation

Daniel M.

Jan 2, 2013, 4:51:21 PM1/2/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i have an innocent question:

Can i build sage without the documentation, and do the build with many threads?

I mena, doing something like

MAKE= "make -j3 build"

or

MAKE="make build -j3"

which one would work?

Many thanks!

Minh Nguyen

Jan 2, 2013, 5:03:41 PM1/2/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, Daniel M.
Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM, Daniel M. <daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can i build sage without the documentation, and do the build with many
> threads?

In the file SAGE_ROOT/Makefile, change the line

all: start doc

all: start build

From the command line, execute this:

MAKE='make -j3'; export MAKE

followed by the command

make

--
Regards,
Minh Van Nguyen

John H Palmieri

Jan 2, 2013, 5:05:42 PM1/2/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

Either

    export MAKE="make -j4"
    make build

or

    env MAKE="make -j3" make build

should work.

--
John

Minh Nguyen

Jan 2, 2013, 5:12:27 PM1/2/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 9:05 AM, John H Palmieri <jhpalm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Either
>
> export MAKE="make -j4"
> make build
>
> or
>
> env MAKE="make -j3" make build
>
> should work.

This is less invasive than my suggestion. Thanks, John.

Daniel Mejía Raigosa

Jan 2, 2013, 5:18:34 PM1/2/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanks both,

i actually think that the "invasive" method suit my needs,  i will install sage in other PCs, and don't need the docs

many Thanks!

Daniel Mejía R.

    " Las más formidables armas del hombre para su conquista del Conocimiento
      son la mente racional y la insaciable curiosidad que lo impulsa...
"
                                                                                                Isaac Asimov
-
Grupo de Biofísica - Universidad de Antioquia
Grupo de Investigación en Fisiología y Bioquímica - Physis
Instituto de Física - Universidad de Antioquia
daniel...@hotmail.com
--

Revista Mínima Accíon
Vísitanos en: