Download a file.txt

Antonio Pedro da Silva Raimundo

Aug 2, 2014, 12:49:44 PM8/2/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Using SageMathCloud, in a Project, for the option Files, it is possible to download files to our computer.

It works for me, with files type .sobj, .sagews.

It does not work, for me with files type .txt.

I do not know if it is a bug or something I am doing wrongly?

Any help ?

Dominique Laurain

Aug 2, 2014, 1:40:36 PM8/2/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
+1 : not working for me too...file content is displayed in my web browser  (not downloaded)

URL displayed in my browser (Firefox 12.0) is : https://cloud.sagemath.com/<myproject>/raw/<mydirectory>/<myfile>

where <myproject> is my project
         <mydirectory> is folder I created under my project
         <myfile> is text file (suffixes with .txt)

Not sure..but when in the world wibe web, you select URL to file not displayable by browser (for example: PDF file) then according to your plugins installed with browser you can either display the file in browser window or download it ('save as" option).

Here it's an ASCII text file and as for JPEG,GIF or HTML file format...the browser can display it... and it does !!! :-)

Of course, you can use another suffix (.dat for example)

Dominique.

slelievre

Aug 3, 2014, 11:48:11 AM8/3/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

Antonio Pedro da Silva Raimundo wrote:

Using SageMathCloud, in a Project, for the option Files, it is possible to download files to our computer.

It works for me, with files type .sobj, .sagews.

It does not work, for me with files type .txt.

I observe the same with pdf files (in Firefox on Mac OS X 10.9).