Sage 9.4 installation problem on macOs 11.5.2

jhonrubia6

Sep 19, 2021, 5:57:51 AM9/19/21
to sage-support
Hi,
after a long time away, I have now time to rejoin the development. I tried to install sage 9.4 on a iMac M1 16GB RAM with macOS Big Sur (11.5.2)
After brew installing all the packages recommended, I followed the instructions to make the source, and get to this error

[gmp-6.2.0] Error configuring GMP (with CFLAGS unset).

[gmp-6.2.0] Consult /Volumes/sageMath/sage-9.4/local/var/tmp/sage/build/gmp-6.2.0/src/config.log for for details.

[gmp-6.2.0]

[gmp-6.2.0] real 0m15.454s

[gmp-6.2.0] user 0m5.917s

[gmp-6.2.0] sys 0m4.861s

[gmp-6.2.0] ************************************************************************

[gmp-6.2.0] Error installing package gmp-6.2.0

[gmp-6.2.0] ************************************************************************

The log (attached) does not give me any clue. Something is 32 bits but 64bits is expected.

Also, homebrew installed on my computer version 6.2.1 so the installation needn't to build version 6.2.0 , but when running .configure obtained

Checking whether SageMath should install SPKG gmp...

configure: no suitable system package found for SPKG gmp

(all .configur output attached also)

Can anybody help me out?

thanks

Javier

gmp-6.2.0.log
configure_out

Dima Pasechnik

Sep 19, 2021, 6:53:17 AM9/19/21
to sage-support
I don't think Sage 9.4 supports M1 macs properly.