Permutation actions on vectors

Sihuang Hu

Jan 13, 2015, 9:22:35 AM1/13/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Suppose that we have a group G=Sym(3). Then G naturally act on the vector space
V=VectorSpace(GF(2),3) by position. Now I want to compute the orbits of G acting on
V. It is easy to see that the orbits are
[ [(0,0,0)],
  [(1,0,0),(0,1,0),(0,0,1)],
  [(1,1,0),(1,0,1),(0,1,1)],
  [(1,1,1)],
].

I cannot find how to realize this group action "OnPosition" and compute its orbits in sage.
Do anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Sihuang

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 13, 2015, 10:20:23 AM1/13/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
It would be more natural ro convert it to a matrix group, and then use
the natural action of this group.

> Thanks,
> Sihuang

Nathann Cohen

Jan 13, 2015, 10:45:23 AM1/13/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
It would be more natural ro convert it to a matrix group, and then use
the natural action of this group.

Sihuang Hu

Jan 13, 2015, 2:17:28 PM1/13/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your advice. I tried it, but still does not work.

sage: F = GF(3); MS = MatrixSpace(F,2,2)
sage: gens = [MS([[1,0],[0,1]]),MS([[1,1],[0,1]])]
sage: G = MatrixGroup(gens)
sage: VS = VectorSpace(F,2)
sage: v = VS([1,1])
sage: G.orbit(v)
AttributeError: 'FinitelyGeneratedMatrixGroup_gap_with_category' object has no attribute 'orbit'

在 2015年1月13日星期二 UTC+1下午4:20:23,Dima Pasechnik写道:

Sihuang Hu

Jan 13, 2015, 2:18:45 PM1/13/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is related, but not what I want.
Thanks.

在 2015年1月13日星期二 UTC+1下午4:45:23,Nathann Cohen写道:

David Joyner

Jan 13, 2015, 4:15:44 PM1/13/15
to SAGE support
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Sihuang Hu <husi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, it is related, but not what I want.

Are you sure?

sage: L = [sorted(sorted(I.orbit(list(x)))) for x in GF(2)^3]
sage: set(map(tuple, L))
{([0, 0, 0],),
([0, 0, 1], [0, 1, 0], [1, 0, 0]),
([0, 1, 1], [1, 0, 1], [1, 1, 0]),
([1, 1, 1],)}

Is that what you want?

> Thanks.
>
> 在 2015年1月13日星期二 UTC+1下午4:45:23,Nathann Cohen写道:
>>>
>>> It would be more natural ro convert it to a matrix group, and then use
>>> the natural action of this group.
>>

>> This is related:
>>

>> http://www.sagemath.org/doc/reference/combinat/sage/combinat/integer_vectors_mod_permgroup.html
>>
>> Nathann

Sihuang Hu

Jan 14, 2015, 3:01:58 AM1/14/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. This works for prime field GF(p). But for GF(q) where q is a prime power,
I think I have to transfer the elements in GF(q)^3 into lists of integers at first.

在 2015年1月13日星期二 UTC+1下午10:15:44,David Joyner写道: