INSTALLATION ISSUE: SageMath 8.4 Apache Server Conflict

richard...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2018, 1:18:11 AM12/13/18
to sage-support
Not a question, just a For Your Information.

If you have an Apache server instance running there may be a conflict requiring you to modify your "httpd-vhosts.conf" file.  You may need to add something like this with #### being the port number Sage is trying to run on.  The "ServerName" doesn't really seem to matter, but I put "Sage" in as a test and it worked.  My installation of the 8.4 app.dmg would not run the Jupyter notebook or for that matter the sage notebook until I made this modification.

<VirtualHost *:####>
   ServerName Sage
</VirtualHost>