Not able to install fricas

Pablo Vitoria

Oct 24, 2022, 5:21:52 AM10/24/22
to sage-support
Hi,

I run Sage 9.7 in Arch linux under WSL2
I wanted to install FriCas inside Sage, with sage -i fricas. But -i seems to be an unknown option.

Kind regards,
Pablo

Dima Pasechnik

Oct 24, 2022, 6:02:58 AM10/24/22
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 11:21 AM Pablo Vitoria <pvit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I run Sage 9.7 in Arch linux under WSL2
> I wanted to install FriCas inside Sage, with sage -i fricas. But -i seems to be an unknown option.

If fricas is packaged by archlinux as a package, you can install it
using its package system.

Otherwise you'll need to install Sage from source, then -i will be available.

HTH
Dima

> Kind regards,
> Pablo

Pablo Vitoria

Oct 24, 2022, 7:42:50 AM10/24/22
to sage-support
Thanks a lot, Dima.

I followed your advice, and fricas is now installed.

Pablo