Does anyone know what this means?

John Cremona

Jul 27, 2021, 10:15:06 AM7/27/21
to SAGE support
At the end of a run of some code I have run before, without seeing this:

/usr/local/sage/sage-9.3/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/prompt_toolkit/renderer.py:514:
DeprecationWarning: The explicit passing of coroutine objec
ts to asyncio.wait() is deprecated since Python 3.8, and scheduled for
removal in Python 3.11.
await wait(coroutines, return_when=FIRST_COMPLETED)

This is sage-9.3 on ubuntu. I assume that I can ignore it.

John

David Lowry-Duda

Jul 27, 2021, 11:13:29 AM7/27/21
to sage-support
This comes from python-prompt-toolkit. See here: https://github.com/prompt-toolkit/python-prompt-toolkit/pull/1291

This was fixed in python-prompt-toolkit in December, I think in version 3.0.9. Sage is currently using 3.0.5. When we update to use a more recent version of python-prompt-toolkit, I think this should go away.

- DLD

Matthias Koeppe

Aug 1, 2021, 3:28:13 PM8/1/21
to sage-support