Re: NameError: name '_interact_' is not defined

Safia Yonker

Nov 19, 2012, 1:59:20 PM11/19/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I have also had the same issue.  I first noticed it on friday.  Nothing will evaluate.

On Monday, November 19, 2012 11:32:18 AM UTC-5, CD wrote:
I get the same message whenever I try to evaluate something (like 2+3) in "sagenb.org".  I have tried both Chrome and Safari.  My computer runs OS X 10.8.2.  I've had this same problem for at least four days.  Thank you for any help!

On Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:13:43 AM UTC-8, Alen Brulc wrote:
i got this message whatever I evaluate.

help please.

Traceback (click to the left of this block for traceback)
NameError: name '_interact_' is not defined

Jason Grout

Nov 19, 2012, 2:59:15 PM11/19/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On 11/19/12 12:51 PM, Emily Dayton wrote:
> On Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:13:43 AM UTC-6, Alen Brulc wrote:
>> i got this message whatever I evaluate.
>>
>> help please.
>>

>> Traceback (click to the left of this block for traceback)
>> NameError: name '_interact_' is not defined
>
> I am receiving the same error message for my Sage worksheets too, on Version 5.3 of the Standalone site. I use OS X 10.5.8. I've had this problem for about a week. Please help!

Just FYI, I'm tracking this down right now.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Grout

Nov 19, 2012, 6:06:41 PM11/19/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
It looks like change that caused the problem was trying to tighten up
the umask for sagenb. I've set the umask back to what it was for now.

tl;dr: It's fixed. I also upgraded to sage 5.4, and may have fixed the
problem with demo not restarting too.

Thanks,

Jason

Keshav Kini