About binaries.

Topaze

Oct 8, 2022, 7:09:36 AM10/8/22
to sage-support
Hello.

Are there any plans to provide binaries again (especially for Debian)? The latest version is 9.4 at the moment.

Thank you.

Dima Pasechnik

Oct 8, 2022, 7:24:02 AM10/8/22
to sage-support
no. Up to date binaries for Linux can be obtained via conda-forge

We also hope that Debian updates its own sagemath package.

HTH
Dima

Thank you.

Topaze

Oct 9, 2022, 5:04:11 AM10/9/22
to sage-support
OK, I didn't know this tool, thank you.

Henri Girard

Oct 9, 2022, 5:10:09 AM10/9/22
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

No, sagemath  version in ubuntu is 9.5.4 (probably in kinetic as I always use dev version)

Henri Girard

Oct 9, 2022, 9:03:43 AM10/9/22
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

I forget to say : I use it too in wsl2 where I installed ubuntu 20.04+kali (repos), because kali has kex (xserver) in deb package, then I can use dualboot ubuntu directly in wsl2 or kali/ubuntu which has sagemath-9.5