Is google groups buggy? Test posting

moritz

Sep 13, 2012, 3:44:52 AM9/13/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Two days ago I tried to post on this list, using the UI of google groups. The message did not appear on sage-support if one views it on google groups, and still can't be seen.
However, on gmane the message appeared, so I guess it also appeared to people who subscribed via E-Mail.
Anyhow, I will try to post my question again and hope it works this time...
Has this been a problem before? What can be done about it?

moritz

 (This is also a test if it is working now..)

Simon King

Sep 13, 2012, 4:17:20 AM9/13/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Moritz,

On 2012-09-13, moritz <mor...@math.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> ------=_Part_3962_6668500.1347522292802
> The message did not appear on sage-support if one views it on google
> groups, and still can't be seen.

I agree that the new google groups are buggy, I believe that it is bad
that one can not decide to use the old google groups, and that's why I
stopped using them - I'm following the Sage groups via slrn.

I am sorry that I can not answer your question about Diophantine
equations, but "solve" is certainly not the right tool to find integral
solutions, as you have observed. It sounds like integer programming to
me, but I have no experience with integer programming in Sage.

Best regards,
Simon

Jason Grout

Sep 13, 2012, 4:23:43 AM9/13/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On 9/13/12 3:17 AM, Simon King wrote:
> I agree that the new google groups are buggy, I believe that it is bad
> that one can not decide to use the old google groups, and that's why I
> stopped using them - I'm following the Sage groups via slrn.

I use thunderbird and the gmane mirror:

http://dir.gmane.org/search.php?match=gmane.comp.mathematics.sage

Thanks,

Jason

Harald Schilly

Sep 14, 2012, 10:34:49 AM9/14/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:44:52 AM UTC+2, moritz wrote:
Two days ago I tried to post on this list, using the UI of google groups. The message did not appear on sage-support ..

I reported this in detail, that's all I can do :-(

H (group admin)