Sagemath Cloud

Christophe Bal

Sep 27, 2013, 8:07:37 AM9/27/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
how can I share my project to other persons ?

Christophe

Sergi Blanch-Torné

Sep 27, 2013, 10:04:15 AM9/27/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I thing you can check the settings of the project you wanna share, when you are into it, and there is a places for collaborators. Perhaps is what you ask, but I have never used it yet.

/Sergi.
(I'm a simple user, I'm not from the support people)

Harald Schilly

Sep 27, 2013, 11:35:29 AM9/27/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, September 27, 2013 2:07:37 PM UTC+2, projetmbc wrote:
Hello,
how can I share my project to other persons ?

In the "wrench" menu, you can add collaborators. They have equal rights and can also edit.
Public projects or read-only collaborators are not yet implemented.

Christophe Bal

Sep 27, 2013, 12:22:21 PM9/27/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

Indeed, I would like to show my codes to my students  in read-only mode.

I hope that will be possible soon.

Christophe

William Stein

Sep 27, 2013, 12:26:21 PM9/27/13
to sage-support
On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Christophe Bal <proj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed, I would like to show my codes to my students in read-only mode.
>
> I hope that will be possible soon.

It will be. I've just had to be careful in rolling out this
capability since with every past sites I've setup (e.g.,
http://sagenb.org, every wiki I've every setup, trac.sagemath.com,
etc.) people have created accounts and posted spam, viruses, and
malicious javascript programs, which quickly results in either major
load to the servers or the university shutting off my Internet access
temporarily. The first version at least of public projects will only
allow the projects to be visible to other people with a cloud.sagemath
account, which massively reduces the chances university scanners will
ever see this or that spammers would bother.

For now, one *temporary* workaround is to create an account at github
(or bitbucket) and
push your code there. If you setup an ssh key specifically for this,
it is pretty painless.
--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics