Import error for lrcalc library

Simone Perriello

Feb 1, 2021, 8:39:29 AM2/1/21
to sage-support

Operating system: ArchLinux.
Sage installed through official packages.
If I just launch `sage` from terminal it gives this stacktrace https://pastebin.com/s1FnMhe2

The same happens if I try to do a `from sage.all import *` from ipython, from a python file  or from sage -python.

Dima Pasechnik

Feb 1, 2021, 8:50:47 AM2/1/21
to sage-support, aro...@archlinux.org
This has to be reported to Arch people.

Simone Perriello

Feb 1, 2021, 11:29:17 AM2/1/21
to sage-support
I should also add this.
If from an ipython module I invoke `from sage.misc.misc_c import prod`, everything works fine.
On the other hand, `from sage.rings.all import RealField` works well inside ipython, but produce a different error from a source file.
Relevant link https://pastebin.com/AMfd0hhh

Matthias Koeppe

Feb 1, 2021, 11:45:20 AM2/1/21
to sage-support
As Dima said, please report bugs of distribution packaging of Sage to the distribution.

slelievre

Feb 4, 2021, 5:20:22 PM2/4/21
to sage-support
This was reported to the Arch Linux forums: