Error building sage, failed to build two packages

Skip to the first unread message

Kevin

16 Apr 2024, 13:17:1416 Apr
to sage-support
I was trying to build sage on Ubuntu 22.04 (my device runs Windows 11) following the instructions here. After entering
git clone --branch master https://github.com/sagemath/sage.git
cd sage
make configure
./configure
MAKE="make -j12" make

I got an error saying that the packages "giac-1.9.0.15p0" and "fplll-5.4.5" failed to build. I included the relevant logs below.

Thanks in advance, as I really don't know what I'm doing.
install.log
fplll-5.4.5.log
giac-1.9.0.15p0.log

dim...@gmail.com

16 Apr 2024, 15:17:3316 Apr
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
signature.asc

Kevin

17 Apr 2024, 18:36:0717 Apr
to sage-support
I increased my RAM allotment and decreased the number of threads used to 6, and that seems to have helped, but now I'm having an issue with two other packages, scipy and sagelib.

On Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at 3:17:33 PM UTC-4 dim...@gmail.com wrote:
config.log
sagelib-10.3.log
scipy-1.11.4.log

Eric Gourgoulhon

18 Apr 2024, 05:19:2418 Apr
to sage-support
Le jeudi 18 avril 2024 à 00:36:07 UTC+2, Kevin a écrit :
I increased my RAM allotment and decreased the number of threads used to 6, and that seems to have helped, but now I'm having an issue with two other packages, scipy and sagelib.

In both cases, there is the error message
    gcc: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1plus
which points towards a RAM limitation. Could you further increase the RAM allocated to WSL?

Eric.