Who needs karma for ask.sagemath.org ?

Thierry

Jun 13, 2014, 12:48:22 PM6/13/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

it seems that the karma threshold that is used to block spam also blocks
newcommers. This was supposed to be a temporary solution until we move
to a more recent version of askbot, but it takes more time than planned.

Let us do the following: if you need karma to post interesting questions
or answers to ask.sagemath.org, please send me an e-mail at the
temporary address free...@sagedebianlive.metelu.net with some
math/sage in there (for example the question you would ask on
ask.sagemath.org) and a link to your ask.sagemath.org account and i will
give you 10 point of karma.

I will maintain a list of such accounts, once you get at least 10 true
karma points, i will remove the fake ones.

Ciao,
Thierry

Hansen Chen

Jun 13, 2014, 3:04:11 PM6/13/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Thierry:

I plan to ask the following question. I have only karma =1.

Access privilege.

1. In the projects page
One project has an eye icon on the left most column while the newest one has a lock icon in the left column. I suppose these indicate access privilege. However, I can not find way to see anything relevant or changeable in project control.

2. When I am in the project with en eye icon, here is the result in the terminal.

/projects$ ls
[showing numerous lines of ID's. I can not find files under it]

3. When I am in the project with en eye icon, here is the result in the terminal.
/projects$ ls .
ls: cannot open directory .: Permission denied

What is going on and how do I fix it?

Hansen

William Stein

Jun 13, 2014, 3:16:17 PM6/13/14
to sage-support
On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Hansen Chen <hanse...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Thierry:

I plan to ask the following question. I have only karma =1.

Access privilege.

1. In the projects page
One project has an eye icon on the left most column while the newest one has a lock icon in the left column. I suppose these indicate access privilege. However, I can not find way to see anything relevant or changeable in project control.

That indicated public/private projects.  However, public projects still haven't been implemented (maybe they never will be, since it's not clear to what extent that even makes sense) -- all projects are private.    So right now it is a meaningless distinction.

2. When I am in the project with en eye icon, here is the result in the terminal.

/projects$ ls
[showing numerous lines of ID's. I can not find files under it]

Those are project id's of other projects hosted on the same machine.

3. When I am in the project with en eye icon, here is the result in the terminal.
/projects$ ls .
ls: cannot open directory .: Permission denied

What is going on and how do I fix it?

There's nothing to fix.   There's no reason for you to look in /projects -- why are you looking there?

 -- William

Hansen

On Friday, June 13, 2014 12:48:22 PM UTC-4, Thierry wrote:
Hi all,

it seems that the karma threshold that is used to block spam also blocks
newcommers. This was supposed to be a temporary solution until we move
to a more recent version of askbot, but it takes more time than planned.

Let us do the following: if you need karma to post interesting questions
or answers to ask.sagemath.org, please send me an e-mail at the
temporary address free...@sagedebianlive.metelu.net with some
math/sage in there (for example the question you would ask on
ask.sagemath.org) and a link to your ask.sagemath.org account and i will
give you 10 point of karma.

I will maintain a list of such accounts, once you get at least 10 true
karma points, i will remove the fake ones.

Ciao,
Thierry

William Stein
Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington
http://wstein.org

Pat Browne

Jun 17, 2014, 11:48:56 PM6/17/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thierry,

I recently asked the question in this group on whether slider animation can be done in version 6.2. I just posted to this list. I would like to post on the http://ask.sagemath.org site but now not have the karma threshold. My user id is patB and I have been a member since 2012. Previously I posted to the site, and received tremendously helpful information.

thanks
./pat