Is load() suddenly not working for loading files from repositories?

Carlos Antunes

Mar 23, 2021, 5:49:42 PM3/23/21
to sage-support

Hi everyone,

Some days ago I noticed that I got some errors when using load() to fetch some code that is hosted in, for example, github repositories.

A simple example of this error can be seen here (this example code used to work just fine in the past) when you follow the link in the readme:

https://github.com/antunescarles/load-example

If you try it in a jupyter notebook it still does not work. Do you have any idea why this happens? I've tried hosting my code in other places (Bitbucket for example) but it didn't work either.

I have to say that I am an amateur programmer so my knowledge of web development is limited and I couldn't figure out what this error is related to.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

slelievre

Mar 23, 2021, 9:33:46 PM3/23/21
to sage-support
Sadly network access from SageCell had to be removed following abuse.

See the discussion on the sage-cell mailing list:

Carlos Antunes

Mar 24, 2021, 7:08:22 AM3/24/21
to sage-support
Thanks a lot, I hadn't seen that discussion. It is a shame, but it seems that github repositories are planned to be allowed, which would work fine for my purposes.

Best regards,
Carlos