Importing data from the online L-functions and modular forms database

Andreas Holmstrom

Jun 10, 2014, 11:55:54 PM6/10/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I would like to import (into my SageMathCloud notebook) files like this:

(For now I am interested in importing just a single file, not all the lcalcfiles in the database!)

Preferably I would like to write something like this:

and then have access to the variables defined in that file, but I don't know the syntax here.

Gratful for any help. I'm not an experienced programmer, so if you have an answer, please answer in some detail.

Harald Schilly

Jun 11, 2014, 3:11:34 AM6/11/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

Unfortunately, lcalc has no standard format. I once talked to Mike Rubinstein about this and suggested him to use yaml for the file format. Don't know if anything in that direction happened, though. Therefore, I assume you have to write your own parser.

Harald