Re: [sage-support] Polynomial command

Message has been deleted

John Cremona

Apr 4, 2013, 8:06:30 AM4/4/13
to SAGE support
Like this?

sage: R.<x,y> = QQ[]
sage: f = x^2+y^2 # for example
sage: f(x^2-4,x^2-2*x)
2*x^4 - 4*x^3 - 4*x^2 + 16

John Cremona

On 4 April 2013 12:58, Neda <neda.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
> How can I write a polynomial f(x^2-4,x^2-2*x) in sage?
> thank you

Neda Dargahi

Apr 4, 2013, 8:27:05 AM4/4/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

 no, ijust want to know how can I compute the remainder on division of the given polynomial f by the order set F using grlex order in sage? thank you f= x^y^2+x^3y^2-y+1 F=(x*y^2-x , x-y^3)

John Cremona

Apr 4, 2013, 8:35:37 AM4/4/13
to SAGE support
On 4 April 2013 13:27, Neda Dargahi <neda.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

 no, ijust want to know how can I compute the remainder on division of the given polynomial f by the order set F using grlex order in sage? thank you f= x^y^2+x^3y^2-y+1 F=(x*y^2-x , x-y^3)

I'm not sure how I was supposed to guess that from the question  "How can I write a polynomial  f(x^2-4,x^2-2*x) in sage?"

Have you read all that the reference manual has to say on multivariable polynomial rings (see http://www.sagemath.org/doc/reference/polynomial_rings/polynomial_rings_multivar.html)?  That would seem to be relevant.

Neda Dargahi

Apr 4, 2013, 8:43:36 AM4/4/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I asked this question befor but no one answerd so i think maybe if I know how towrite F maybe I can solve this!
 yes I read that page but still dont know how to write F
bye the way,thank you so much for answering.

Neda Dargahi

Apr 4, 2013, 8:45:48 AM4/4/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
* by the way !