Sage 9.6 released

Volker Braun

May 15, 2022, 6:27:40 PM5/15/22
to sage-release
The "master" git branch has been updated to Sage-9.6. As always, you can get the latest beta version from the "develop" git branch. Alternatively, the self-contained source tarball is at http://www.sagemath.org/download-latest.html

There was no change over 9.6.rc4
Sage

Matthias Köppe

May 15, 2022, 6:33:19 PM5/15/22
to sage-release
Yay! Thanks a lot, Volker.

William Stein

May 16, 2022, 3:24:12 PM5/16/22
to sage-release
Hi,

Thanks for the new release!

I built the cocalc-docker images [1] using sage-9.6 on both x86-64 and
amd64 (Apple Silicon) and the builds worked fine, and everything I
tested regarding integration with CoCalc also worked fine. I've
updated these images on Dockerhub.

CoCalc-docker is basically a large image that has Sage, Jupyter,
Pluto.jl, VS Code, a web-based X11 server, LaTeX, SageTex, a new collaborative
Whiteboard with Sage code cells, and much more all together in one
easy to install
and run image. But it's big -- 25GB uncompressed -- so may or may not
be of use
depending on what you're doing...

[1] https://github.com/sagemathinc/cocalc-docker

-- William
> --

William (http://wstein.org)

Matthias Köppe

May 16, 2022, 3:53:30 PM5/16/22
to sage-release

Emmanuel Charpentier

May 16, 2022, 6:06:50 PM5/16/22
to sage-release

On Debian testing running on core i7 + 16 GB RAM :

  • with Sage’s own python : same results as in the last couple of rcs ;
  • with system’s Python : catastrophic failure.

HTH,

François Bissey

May 16, 2022, 9:20:07 PM5/16/22
to sage-r...@googlegroups.com
I finally pushed 9.6 to master in sage-on-gentoo. An unusually long time between actual release and availability for me.
Early testing seems to show we suffer from https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/33304 in a repeatable manner in 9.6 in Gentoo. May be we’ll be able to tackle it.

François Bissey

May 17, 2022, 2:05:28 AM5/17/22
to 'Justin C. Walker' via sage-release
How long until we have stuff on pypi? That’s when I will pick up the work in sage-on-gentoo in the current framework.

Thanks for the release!

Matthias Köppe

May 17, 2022, 2:41:48 AM5/17/22
to sage-release
On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 11:05:28 PM UTC-7 François Bissey wrote:
How long until we have stuff on pypi? That’s when I will pick up the work in sage-on-gentoo in the current framework.

It's all in place. It's pushed automatically on each release tag on GH Actions.

Also https://pypi.org/project/sage-conf/ is pushed automatically. But note that's the version from pkgs/sage-conf_pypi. There is a refactoring ticket waiting for review: https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/33295

Sébastien Labbé

May 17, 2022, 3:37:02 AM5/17/22
to sage-release
Thanks for the release!
Sébastien

Eric Gourgoulhon

May 17, 2022, 8:44:01 AM5/17/22
to sage-release
Thank you Volker for the release!

On Ubuntu 20.04 running on Xeon E5-2623 + 16 GB RAM:
- parallel build (-j16) from a fresh git clone, with system python (3.8.10): OK
- make ptestlong --> "All tests passed!"

Eric.

Kenji Iohara

May 17, 2022, 1:04:15 PM5/17/22
to sage-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Volker. I could compile on Mac OS 12.3.1 with Intel Corei5
from the first built and make ptestlong all passed.

17/05/2022 14:44、Eric Gourgoulhon <egourg...@gmail.com>のメール:

Kenji Iohara

May 18, 2022, 6:20:42 AM5/18/22
to sage-r...@googlegroups.com
I’m sorry, I should attach the next log-file :
gfan-0.6.2.p1.log

Kenji Iohara

May 18, 2022, 6:57:52 AM5/18/22
to sage-r...@googlegroups.com
gfan-0.6.2.p1.log

Kenji Iohara

May 18, 2022, 7:07:54 AM5/18/22
to sage-r...@googlegroups.com
clang-2022-05-18-083618.ips

Justin C. Walker

May 30, 2022, 6:48:18 PM5/30/22
to sage-r...@googlegroups.com

> On May 15, 2022, at 15:27 , Volker Braun <vbrau...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The "master" git branch has been updated to Sage-9.6. As always, you can get the latest beta version from the "develop" git branch. Alternatively, the self-contained source tarball is at http://www.sagemath.org/download-latest.html
>
> There was no change over 9.6.rc4

Built without problems on two systems:

10.14.6 (2017 MBP, 4-core Core i7): Tests showed one failure:
sage -t --long --warn-long 118.0 --random-seed=198498819227863972580012393725661262754 src/sage/symbolic/integration/external.py # 1 doctest failed

Repeated runs showed the failure with and without the given seed.

Log snippet attached.

10.15.7 (2019 MBP, 8-core Core i9): all tests passed!

Justin

9.6Log.log