after edit the sage library, sage -b now tells "Nothing to (re)build / all up-to-date."

Sébastien Labbé

Jan 14, 2022, 9:44:15 AM1/14/22
to sage-release
With 9.5.rc0, I modify a file in the sage library, then

$ sage -b
Nothing to (re)build / all up-to-date.

does nothing. This is a new behavior. But it seems my modications are being considered, so it is okay.

From where does this change in behavior come from?

Sébastien Labbé

Jan 14, 2022, 9:45:20 AM1/14/22
to sage-release
oups, I wanted to post that to sage-devel. Sorry.

Eric Gourgoulhon

Jan 14, 2022, 9:56:08 AM1/14/22
to sage-release
This is fixed in Sage 9.5.rc1, cf. https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/33130

Eric.

Sébastien Labbé

Jan 14, 2022, 10:46:05 AM1/14/22
to sage-release
Ok, I see, thank you. I now understand the link with the title of that ticket which I have seen earlier.

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 15, 2022, 8:48:49 AM1/15/22
to sage-release
On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 2:44 PM Sébastien Labbé <sla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> With 9.5.rc0, I modify a file in the sage library, then
>
> $ sage -b
> Nothing to (re)build / all up-to-date.
>
> does nothing. This is a new behavior. But it seems my modications are being considered, so it is okay.

it was fixed in rc1, iirc.