brial 1.2.9 is out

François Bissey

Sep 24, 2020, 8:49:26 PM9/24/20
to sage-pa...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I put a new maintenance release of Brial out. See the notes at:
https://github.com/BRiAl/BRiAl/releases/tag/1.2.9

The release has basically no new real code but focuses on various building
and administrative issues.

The trigger for release was https://github.com/BRiAl/BRiAl/issues/49
which requested an update of boost detection macros so that brial can
build on riscv64 architecture.

cheers,
François

Antonio Rojas

Oct 1, 2020, 3:20:45 AM10/1/20
to sage-packaging
Hi,
 Sage doesn't build with this version of brial

In file included from build/cythonized/sage/rings/polynomial/pbori/pbori.cpp:691:
/usr/include/polybori/pbori_defs.h:27:10: fatal error: cudd/cudd.h: No such file or directory
  27 | #include <cudd/cudd.h>
     |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~

François Bissey

Oct 1, 2020, 3:54:17 AM10/1/20
to sage-pa...@googlegroups.com
I should have left that bit out of this release. I will have a look at what can be done quickly.

François Bissey

Oct 1, 2020, 5:02:42 AM10/1/20
to sage-pa...@googlegroups.com
A quick fix is to add -I/usr/include/polybori (or whichever your install prefix is) to
CPPFLAGS. There should be a guard around that header depending on whether an internal version
has been used or not.

> On 1/10/2020, at 8:20 PM, Antonio Rojas <nqn...@gmail.com> wrote:

François Bissey

Oct 1, 2020, 5:55:58 AM10/1/20
to sage-pa...@googlegroups.com
I am basically waiting for CI to go through all checks, but I am basically making
a 1.2.10 release with the cudd removal pulled out. After closer inspection this is
not ready. The only case where things work seamlessly is if you have a cudd-2.5.x
install and you use external cudd.

François Bissey

Oct 1, 2020, 3:22:22 PM10/1/20
to sage-pa...@googlegroups.com
1.2.10 which reverts the tentative Rudd unbundling is out.

I will create a 1.2.x maintenance branch which will receive normal maintenance
updates.
cuddle unbundling and other potential development will be on master for a future
1.3.0 release.

François