Fwd: [sage-devel] Re: Orders in number fields

John Cremona

Jul 21, 2021, 6:10:05 AM7/21/21
to sage-nt
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Samuel Lelievre <samuel....@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 at 10:35
Subject: [sage-devel] Re: Orders in number fields
To: sage-devel <sage-...@googlegroups.com>

Orders in number fields certainly need work.

This Sage Trac query:

https://trac.sagemath.org/query?order=id&desc=1&summary=~orders

and similar queries with "order" or "ring of integers" reveal the
following open tickets

#28706 clarify order generation in number fields with bracket syntax
#28552 Elements in orders in number fields are considered as field elements
#27413 Implement picard group and unit group for non-maximal orders
#25709 inject_variables is broken for orders of number fields
#24934 Orders are not unique parents
#24031 Coercion between Matrices over orders and over the number field
#23971 Euclidean division in quadratic imaginary orders
#23321 Implemented functionality for Quotient Rings of Orders
#23236 Create p-maximal orders
#18865 Can't make ring homomorphism from ring of integers to a
residue field
#16556 AbsoluteOrder.random_element and
PolynomialQuotientRing_integer.random_element
#14740 Infinite loop in creation of number field order
#13568 Quaternion Orders over Number Fields
#12242 Divisibility of number field order elements needs work
#5893 Norm Form for Number Fields and Orders
#4738 base_ring of orders in relative number fields is wrong
#1134 optimize creating elements of orders and number fields by
coercing in lists

I can also link to discussions on other channels if that seems useful.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/9b44b324-797a-42a8-bb09-d54ae57e9a83n%40googlegroups.com.

Justin C. Walker

Jul 21, 2021, 5:30:41 PM7/21/21
to sag...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for putting this list together (and redirecting this to the NT list). A couple of them seem directly related, and the others are still at least marginally.

A question, since it’s been a while since I engaged in this kind of behavior :-}

On sufficiently old Trac records, that have not been updated to ‘git’ standards, how do I incorporate a branch from such a ticket into my source tree? So far, what I have tried (based on the developer guide) results in complaints that the source is “not a git repository”.

Justin

Samuel Lelièvre

Jul 25, 2021, 7:57:28 AM7/25/21
to sage-nt
2021-07-21 21:30:41 UTC, Justin Walker:

> Thanks for putting this list together (and redirecting
> this to the NT list). A couple of them seem directly
> related, and the others are still at least marginally.

Glad this seems useful.

> A question, since it’s been a while since I engaged
> in this kind of behavior :-}
>
> On sufficiently old Trac records, that have not been
> updated to ‘git’ standards, how do I incorporate a branch
> from such a ticket into my source tree? So far,
> what I have tried (based on the developer guide) results
> in complaints that the source is “not a git repository”.

Suggestion: new thread on sage-devel for that question,
ideally mentioning specific tickets you are interested in.