Fwd: Notebook has different path variable

kcrisman

Aug 14, 2015, 9:46:21 AM8/14/15
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
This question may get more traction here.

Dear mailing list,

after updating my sage version to 6.8 I encountered the following problem:

I usually create a file init.sage file that includes the lines:

import sys
sys
.path.append('/path/to/my/code')

in order to add a certain folder containing my code which allows me directly to import modules.

If I startup sage in the command line mode and check the sys.path by typing

import sys
sys
.path

everything is fine and my path is included. If I however start now the notebook from the comand line mode (notebook()) , the path variable in the notebook is overwritten. Performing

import sys
sys
.path

from a notebook cell shows, that '/path/to/my/code' is not contained anymore.

In earlier versions (<=6.2) it seemed to be enought to add a path in init.sage. Did something change in more recent version? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Tobias