What to do with sagenb patches

Jeroen Demeyer

Jul 24, 2011, 7:46:10 AM7/24/11
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

As Sage release manager, it is still unclear what the situation is with
the new sagenb project. What should I do with sagenb patches on the
Sage Trac? Merge them into Sage or mark them as invalid and report
instead to https://code.google.com/p/sagenb/issues

For example, http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/11144

I would like to have a clear answer on this situation,
thanks,
Jeroen

Rado

Jul 24, 2011, 3:09:48 PM7/24/11
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
There are still bugs that got introduced in latest changes. Most notably sharing is broken, the live doc browser is acting up and 5 selenium tests fail (haven't investigated further). Since Sage seems to be moving faster you can merge small changes to the old notebook, and eventually I will rebase them (one liners really shouldn't be a problem).

Rado

Jason Grout

Jul 25, 2011, 8:44:07 AM7/25/11
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com

+1 to what Rado said.

Rado: I just noticed the other day that the "Edit this" link on my own
published worksheets just seems to refresh the public worksheet page,
rather than bringing me back to my own editing view of my published
worksheet. I've posted a google issue about it.

What can I do to help this week?

Thanks,

Jason

Jeroen Demeyer

Jul 25, 2011, 11:31:14 AM7/25/11
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
Rado, Jason, thanks for the clear answer! The sagenb tickets which are
currently positively reviewed will be merged in sage-4.7.2.alpha1.

Jeroen.