Flask notebook still needs review

54 views
Skip to first unread message

Jeroen Demeyer

unread,
Feb 3, 2012, 6:17:12 AM2/3/12
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
Let me remind everybody here that the flask notebook still needs review.
Please see

http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/11080

Jonathan

unread,
Feb 3, 2012, 2:33:42 PM2/3/12
to sage-notebook
Jeroen,

Am I allowed to review it, or does having helped a little bit with it
disqualify me?

Jonathan

William Stein

unread,
Feb 3, 2012, 2:36:24 PM2/3/12
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
You can review it. Just make sure that the key thing that *you*
helped on (whatever that is) gets looked at by somebody besides you
(e.g., me).

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington
http://wstein.org

Jason Grout

unread,
Feb 3, 2012, 2:37:12 PM2/3/12
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
On 2/3/12 1:33 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> Jeroen,
>
> Am I allowed to review it, or does having helped a little bit with it
> disqualify me?

I think you can certainly review the non-JMOL parts. It would be good
to have someone else review the JMOL things.

For example, the JMOL looks great to me (though I also helped out with
part of that...)

Thanks,

Jason


William Stein

unread,
Feb 3, 2012, 3:20:41 PM2/3/12
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Jason Grout
<jason...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> On 2/3/12 1:33 PM, Jonathan wrote:
>>
>> Jeroen,
>>
>> Am I allowed to review it, or does having helped a little bit with it
>> disqualify me?
>
>
> I think you can certainly review the non-JMOL parts.  It would be good to
> have someone else review the JMOL things.

Hi,

Needs work! At least the version I installed from there recently.
If you attach *any* file using "attach" in the notebook
then change that file, you get this (at least with sage-5.0.x). The
same problem does not happen on the command line.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "_sage_input_4.py", line 10, in <module>
File "", line 1, in <module>

File "/private/var/folders/4z/h5m3q9b94zs641jlbxj79sv00000gn/T/tmp1TOOYG/___code___.py",
line 2, in <module>
exec compile(u'sage.misc.preparser.load(sage.misc.preparser.base64.b64decode("Ii9Vc2Vycy93c3RlaW4vYS5zYWdlIg=="),globals(),True)
File "", line 1, in <module>

File "/Users/wstein/sage/install/sage-5.0.beta2/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/misc/preparser.py",
line 1644, in load
execfile(preparse_file_named(fpath), globals)
File "/Users/wstein/.sage/temp/deep.local/65251/_Users_wstein_a_sage_2.py",
line 6, in <module>
sage.misc.preparser.load(sage.misc.preparser.base64.b64decode("Ii9Vc2Vycy93c3RlaW4vYS5zYWdlIg=="),globals(),True)
...
File "/Users/wstein/.sage/temp/deep.local/65251/_Users_wstein_a_sage_494.py",
line 6, in <module>
sage.misc.preparser.load(sage.misc.preparser.base64.b64decode("Ii9Vc2Vycy93c3RlaW4vYS5zYWdlIg=="),globals(),True)
File "/Users/wstein/sage/install/sage-5.0.beta2/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/misc/preparser.py",
line 1644, in load
execfile(preparse_file_named(fpath), globals)
File "/Users/wstein/sage/install/sage-5.0.beta2/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/misc/interpreter.py",
line 385, in preparse_file_named
preparse_file_named_to_stream(name, out)
File "/Users/wstein/sage/install/sage-5.0.beta2/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/misc/interpreter.py",
line 368, in preparse_file_named_to_stream
parsed = preparse_file(contents)
File "/Users/wstein/sage/install/sage-5.0.beta2/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/misc/preparser.py",
line 1240, in preparse_file
numeric_literals=not numeric_literals))
File "/Users/wstein/sage/install/sage-5.0.beta2/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/misc/preparser.py",
line 1096, in preparse
L = re.sub(r'([_a-zA-Z]\w*|[)\]])\.(\d+)', r'\1.gen(\2)', L)
File "/Users/wstein/sage/install/sage-5.0.beta2/local/lib/python/re.py",
line 151, in sub
return _compile(pattern, flags).sub(repl, string, count)
File "/Users/wstein/sage/install/sage-5.0.beta2/local/lib/python/re.py",
line 272, in _subx
template = _compile_repl(template, pattern)
File "/Users/wstein/sage/install/sage-5.0.beta2/local/lib/python/re.py",
line 252, in _compile_repl
p = _cache_repl.get(key)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp

Jason Grout

unread,
Feb 3, 2012, 5:46:09 PM2/3/12
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
On 2/3/12 2:20 PM, William Stein wrote:
> Needs work! At least the version I installed from there recently.
> If you attach*any* file using "attach" in the notebook

> then change that file, you get this (at least with sage-5.0.x). The
> same problem does not happen on the command line.

The real question is if this happens with the standard 4.8 notebook.
Does it happen there?

Thanks,

Jason

William Stein

unread,
Feb 3, 2012, 6:07:47 PM2/3/12
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com

Yes, it does, at least on my laptop.

But it does *not* happen on sagenb.org. So I'm confused.

-- William

>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

Jason Grout

unread,
Feb 4, 2012, 1:40:51 PM2/4/12
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
On 2/3/12 5:07 PM, William Stein wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Jason Grout<jason...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
>> On 2/3/12 2:20 PM, William Stein wrote:
>>>
>>> Needs work! At least the version I installed from there recently.
>>> If you attach*any* file using "attach" in the notebook
>>>
>>> then change that file, you get this (at least with sage-5.0.x). The
>>> same problem does not happen on the command line.
>>
>>
>> The real question is if this happens with the standard 4.8 notebook. Does it
>> happen there?
>
> Yes, it does, at least on my laptop.
>
> But it does *not* happen on sagenb.org. So I'm confused.

Attachments seem to work fine for me on my copy of the new sagenb. So
if you want to pursue this further, could you look into trying to narrow
down the problem, or posting a file you are attaching that gives you
problems and the code you are using to attach the file?

Thanks,

Jason


Jason Grout

unread,
Feb 4, 2012, 2:07:11 PM2/4/12
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com

Subtickets that need review are:

http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/11874 (removing twisted)

http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/12229 (sage developers guide
for sagenb development)

http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/11503 (new jmol spkg; I think
pretty much one final change needs to be reviewed---that the
SAGE_LOCAL/bin/jmol script is executable after install)

Thanks,

Jason

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages