Google Summer of Code

Stefan van Zwam

Feb 10, 2015, 11:57:03 AM2/10/15
to sage-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Google Summer of Code is coming up again, and Sage once more wants to be a mentoring organization. By February 20, they need a list of potential projects with mentors. You can see the progress here:

And last year's list:

I'm happy to take up the task of mentoring once again, but I would feel more comfortable with a co-mentor on the side. Last year, we had Jayant Apte work on matroid visualization and binary matroid minor testing. The former work is already in Sage, the latter is still under review.

So reply with:

* project ideas
* offers to co-mentor

Realistically, we can expect to accept at most one student for this. If you know of a suitable student (any country, grad students are fine) then please tell them about this! They get $5,000 and a Google t-shirt.

Cheers,

Stefan.

Michael Welsh

Feb 11, 2015, 12:54:50 PM2/11/15
to sage-m...@googlegroups.com
> On 11/02/2015, at 0557, Stefan van Zwam <stefan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm happy to take up the task of mentoring once again, but I would feel more comfortable with a co-mentor on the side. Last year, we had Jayant Apte work on matroid visualization and binary matroid minor testing. The former work is already in Sage, the latter is still under review.
>
> So reply with:
>
> * project ideas
> * offers to co-mentor

I'd be willing to help as much as I can. I was thinking that connectivity algorithms would be a good project.

Michael

Stefan van Zwam

Feb 12, 2015, 11:59:47 AM2/12/15
to sage-m...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I put up a preliminary list here:

Michael, I listed you as back-up mentor (I should probably change that to co-mentor). If you, Rudi, or anyone else wants further edits to this, then you can use your Trac account to log in and change things.

Cheers,

Stefan.