Applying for Google Summer of Code: Project Proposal and Contributions

Saatvik Rao

Apr 3, 2024, 8:51:00 AMApr 3
to sage-gsoc
Dear SageMath Community and Mentor,

I hope this message finds you well. I am excited to announce my application for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) with SageMath, and I am eager to contribute to the community through a meaningful project.

I have submitted proposals for two project ideas: "Improving Optimization Solver Interfaces" and "Enhanced Optimization Solver Interfaces for Sage." Both projects aim to enhance the optimization capabilities of SageMath, focusing on improving solver interfaces and integrating additional solver backends.

In addition to my project proposals, I wanted to highlight my contributions to SageMath thus far. I have actively participated in the community by making several contributions, including adding constraints in the 'minor' function in sage/graphs/graphs.py to find the induced minor of graphs, added a new function to find power of graph, and implemented an acyclic orientations iterators to find the number of acyclic orientations of a cycle graph in sage/graphs/orientations.py. With the help of fellow developers I was able to merge all the PRs. These experiences have provided me with valuable insights into the SageMath codebase and have fueled my enthusiasm to further contribute to the project.

P.S. You can find the issues and linked PRs here: induced-minor ; power ; acyclic orientations

I am passionate about computational mathematics and open-source software development, and I am committed to making meaningful contributions to SageMath during the GSoC program. I am looking forward to the opportunity to work with the community and mentor to enhance SageMath's optimization capabilities.

Thank you for considering my application and contributions. I am excited about the potential to collaborate with you all and contribute to the continued success of SageMath.

Best regards,
Saatvik Rao