Interest to Contribute to SageMath for GSOC 2024

Soham Chakraborty

Feb 28, 2024, 3:03:12 AMFeb 28
to sage-gsoc
Dear Sir,

I am honoured to introduce myself to you. I am Soham Chakraborty, a second year undergraduate student in Computer Science and Engineering at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India (on-campus). Additionally, I am pursuing a degree in Data Science and Applications from IIT Madras (off-campus), where I am in the diploma level currently.

I am fascinated by linear algebra in Mathematics. I am eager to dig deeper into the derivations of the Mathematical expressions and investigate functions and vector spaces in general. I am also fascinated by algorithms in general. This motivates me to contribute to the project "Tensor operations in Sage using Python libraries as backends" under SageMath for GSOC 2024. I am familiar with topics of Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability, Statistics and Abstract Algebra. I am also eager to learn more about Series and Limit Computations along our journey.

I have experience in Python, Java, C++, C, TensorFlow, Tableau, Keras, OpenCV and Pytorch. I have experience with Google Colab, Kaggle, Jupyter Notebook and libraries like matplotlib, numpy, scikitlearn, pandas.  I have experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Vision.

Kindly guide me how to about it and what steps should I follow. I shall be very grateful if you accept me and we can together come up with a very good project idea and accordingly draft a proposal for submission to GSOC 2024 so that I can get accepted. I am sure that our project will be very beneficial for people all over the world and the mathematical tools and utilities may be useful in applications like Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Economics etc.

Regards.
Soham Chakraborty

Soham Chakraborty

Mar 3, 2024, 12:43:16 AMMar 3
to sage-gsoc
Dear Sir,

I am honoured to introduce myself to you. I am Soham Chakraborty, a second year undergraduate student in Computer Science and Engineering at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India (on-campus). Additionally, I am pursuing a degree in Data Science and Applications from IIT Madras (off-campus), where I am in the diploma level currently.

I am fascinated by  Linear Algebra in Mathematics . I am eager to dig deeper into the derivations of the Mathematical expressions and investigate functions and vector spaces in general. I am also fascinated by algorithms in general. This motivates me to contribute to the project "Tensor operations in Sage using Python libraries as backends" under SageMath for GSOC 2024. I am familiar with topics of Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probabilty, Statistics and Abstract Algebra. I am also eager to learn more about Linear Algebra along our journey.