Introductions! (GSoC 2024)

VIVEK RAI

Feb 25, 2024, 7:26:16 AMFeb 25
to sage-gsoc
Hey!

I'm Vivek, a junior-year undergraduate pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science from India. Throughout my years of college, I've been fascinated with statistics and number theory, which has led me to be interested in the projects here at SageMath. After carefully poring over SageMath's project proposals for GSoC 2024, I'm eager to embark on this collaborative journey.

With ~1.5 years of programming experience under my belt, I've sharpened my skills in Python and C++. This proficiency has been further polished through various Python projects and an internship during my sophomore year. I've also completed related courses such as Linear Algebra, Number theory, Discrete mathematics, Statistical methods, and DSA. I'm confident in my ability to understand and research topics needed to contribute effectively.

As I embark on this new endeavour, I seek guidance on how to effectively contribute to SageMath. Any insights into the contribution process and GSoC application and selection criteria would be immensely valuable to me.

Looking forward to making meaningful contributions and being a part of the SageMath community. Exciting times ahead!

Warm regards,
Vivek

tcscrims

Mar 3, 2024, 4:22:08 AMMar 3
to sage-gsoc
Dear Vivek,
   Thank you for your interest. You can find the relevant information within our developer's guide:

Best,
Travis