Clarification Related to Tensor operations in Sage using Python Libraries

Vidit Agarwal

Feb 24, 2024, 9:00:30 AMFeb 24
to sage-gsoc
Hey Sage Team,
I am Vidit Agarwal, a final year student at IIT BHU pursuing a B.Tech in Electrical Engineering. I am interested in Tensor operations in Sage using Python libraries as backends.

This mail aims to clarify my interpretation of what we are planning to do in this project. My interpretation goes as follows:
In this project, we aim to implement existing functions of SageManifold and new ones in Numpy, PyTorch and TensorFlow. By setting sage.tensor.backends.set(backend='numpy')or providing the option for choosing the backend in each function call like S2 = manifolds.Sphere(2, backend='numpy'). While developing the tensor operations for reference, we can view the TensorSpace project developed by Magma and the various functionalities they have provided.

I am excited to work on Sage! I eagerly look forward to hear back from you.

Thanks,
Vidit Agarwal

Vidit Agarwal

Mar 1, 2024, 7:44:43 AMMar 1
to sage-gsoc
Hello can anyone from Sage Team please clarify this ?