GSoC Practical scope of chow ring of matroid in sagemath

Avinash Thakur

Mar 26, 2024, 3:44:53 AMMar 26
to sage-gsoc
Hello sir,
I hope you are doing well!
I am a pre-final year engineering student with a good knowledge and interest in the field of algebra. I also have a good grasp on python, I worked upon various personal and university level projects.
SageMath's GSoC project Titled "Direct Implementation of Chow ring of Matroid" caught my attention and I have gone through the research paper you mentioned in the Github, I would like to join the team and work on this project. I had some query regarding this project that apart from the research work, what are some practical aspects one can use this. Knowing this will help me to visualize the concept better and easy implementation.
Thanks and I look forward to your reply
Avinash Thakur

tcscrims

Mar 26, 2024, 3:47:11 AMMar 26
to sage-gsoc
Dear Avinash,
   Thank you for your interest. I don’t understand your question about practical aspects. The application to doing computations in an active (and important) area of mathematics research is an important “practical” use of this class.

Best,
Travis