Sage on cluster

sepir...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2011, 5:06:59 PM2/11/11
to sage...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friends,
I am a student of mathematics at the University of Atlántico Colombia, I have proposed thesis, the implementation of Sage in a cluster for high performance computing. I need to know if there is a manual to install Sage in clusters. I searched for information but have not found anything concrete. Would appreciate any help.

Las Matemáticas son el camino para revelar la verdad de nuestra existencia

sepir...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2011, 5:13:59 PM2/11/11
to sage...@googlegroups.com
I try to enter here https://voms.basnet.by:8443/voms/sagegrid, but i can't

Salamanka A. Serge

Feb 14, 2011, 8:08:16 AM2/14/11
to sage...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
You need to obtain and use the certificate issued by certification
agency that is accredited by EUGridPMA. See the page
http://www.eugridpma.org/ to search for available agencies in your region.

Please, start from the page http://www.egi.eu/user-support/becoming_a_user/

#Serge

sepir...@gmail.com пишет:

> I try to enter here https://voms.basnet.by:8443/voms/sagegrid, but i can't
>

> 2011/2/11 sepir...@gmail.com <mailto:sepir...@gmail.com>
> <sepir...@gmail.com <mailto:sepir...@gmail.com>>

> Hi Friends,
> I am a student of mathematics at the University of Atlántico
> Colombia, I have proposed thesis, the implementation of Sage in a
> cluster for high performance computing. I need to know if there is a
> manual to install Sage in clusters. I searched for information but
> have not found anything concrete. Would appreciate any help.
>

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Las Matemáticas son el camino para revelar la verdad de nuestra
> existencia

Соломянко С.А.

Feb 15, 2011, 11:01:06 AM2/15/11
to sage...@googlegroups.com
At the moment there is no working solution in Sage for distributed computing.
Sage could be installed on worker nodes in high performance cluster. The usage of Sage in this case is simplified to submitting batch jobs through PBS for ex.
One can also submit a grid job to crunch the numbers of your sage worksheet. One can also submit thousands of such jobs.

#Serge

sepir...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2011, 7:00:21 PM2/15/11
to sage...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your answer,

The idea is that we can make a server for use by students, faculty and research groups. In Colombia there GridColombia (http://www.gridcolombia.org/) are experimenting with Matlab module but is very expensive to implement. Would appreciate any help.

I've
been reading

http://wiki.sagemath.org/SageServer
http://wiki.sagemath.org/DanDrake/JustEnoughSageServer
http://www.scientificlinux.ru/Members/SalSA/SageWorldMath/InstallSageServer-en
http://sagemath.blogspot.com/2010/09/sagemath-clusters-fileserver.html

All this documentation, I am studying. I hope to meet my goal and give the chance for the student community in Colombia to be able to have a solution as good as this

Salamanka A. Serge

Feb 16, 2011, 4:09:05 AM2/16/11
to sage...@googlegroups.com
My colleagues from Baltic states were experimenting with Matlab on Grid.
In Riga they even have a separate cluster for Matlab calculations.
As I remember the implementation of Matlab and its usage was very simple.
Don't have accurate links on this topic but have a look the pages
http://support.balticgrid.org/wiki/Matlab

and
gLite and MATLAB integration described here:
https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EGEE/GLiteAndMATLABToolkitIntegration#