How to send a sagetex file to someone who doesn't use sage?

DEEPAK SARMA

Nov 8, 2017, 12:10:31 PM11/8/17
to sage-edu
I have written an article in Sagemathcloud using the sagetex package. Now If I send it to a journal for publication or to any of my friends (who don't use sage), how can they run it? In a youtube video, I learned that in addition to the .tex file, I have to send the .sout file generated in SMC. I tried this method, but It didn't work. May be I'm missing something.

kcrisman

Nov 8, 2017, 12:31:23 PM11/8/17
to sage-support, sage...@googlegroups.com
Dear Deepak,

Great question!  I'm forwarding it to sage-support where such questions typically are answered.

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 12:10:31 PM UTC-5, DEEPAK SARMA wrote:
I have written an article in Sagemathcloud using the sagetex package. Now If I send it to a journal for publication or to any of my friends (who don't use sage), how can they run it? In a youtube video, I learned that in addition to the .tex file, I have to send the .sout file generated in SMC. I tried this method, but It didn't work. May be I'm missing something.

In this case, it depends partly on what you are including.  So for instance I create figured, so I probably need the whole directory sage-plots-for-filename.tex .  Maybe the .aux file as well? And of course they would still need access to the *style* file .sty in any case, even if Sage doesn't have to run because you provide everything for them.

Unfortunately I don't have a system to test this on without sagetex, but hopefully someone else can answer if providing the (correct) style file doesn't suffice.

- kcrisman

Manjusha Joshi

Nov 8, 2017, 1:04:35 PM11/8/17
to sage...@googlegroups.com
Hello Deepak,

​Please check the sequence while compiling. You can refer the link of the article.​

​Best wishes​

--
Manjusha S. Joshi
Mobile:  09822 319328

kcrisman

Nov 9, 2017, 9:11:09 AM11/9/17
to sage-edu

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 1:04:35 PM UTC-5, Manjusha wrote:
Hello Deepak,

[...]

Thanks!  I have created https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/24179 for making sure this is indicated in the SageTeX documentation - somewhere! Nice article.  Am I correct that in addition to the .sout that graphics files and the .sty file would be necessary?

Manjusha Joshi

Nov 9, 2017, 11:27:24 AM11/9/17
to sage...@googlegroups.com
​Thanks for the compliments.​

​Am ​
I correct that in addition to the .sout that graphics files and the .sty file would be necessary?
​Good point.​

​.sage ​ file actually contains the python code for the required outputs.
​I think the it then to be  taken care in .sout (big expectations​

​no?)​ how ever, I will check, currently  setup is not available for checking.
Regards,