And well-known Sage book, now in Spanish

kcrisman

Jan 21, 2020, 12:49:58 PM1/21/20
to sage-edu
From Greg Bard, author of Sage for Undergraduates:

It is with great joy that I inform the SageMath community that the Spanish translation of my book *Sage for Undergraduates* has been completed, including all proofreading stages. The translator, Diego Sejas Viscarra, worked very hard to make this possible. We are both very proud of *Sage para Estudiantes de Pregrado*.

The website is up and running (https://www.sage-para-estudiantes.com/) and the book is ready for downloading... for free, of course!

(Note: you may have to make the link http://, not https://, in order to connect, depending on your browser.)

Gregory Bard

Jan 21, 2020, 3:56:12 PM1/21/20
to sage-edu
Thanks! Also note that the Spanish translation was prepared with Python3 syntax, unlike the English original, being from 2014, that uses Python2 syntax.

I hope to make a 2nd edition of the English original Sage for Undergraduates, updating it to Python3, in June and July of 2020.

Have a great new semester everyone!
---Greg

kcrisman

Jan 22, 2020, 8:48:45 AM1/22/20
to sage-edu

On Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 3:56:12 PM UTC-5, Gregory Bard wrote:
Thanks! Also note that the Spanish translation was prepared with Python3 syntax, unlike the English original, being from 2014, that uses Python2 syntax.

I hope to make a 2nd edition of the English original Sage for Undergraduates, updating it to Python3, in June and July of 2020.

That would be great.  I have to admit that even the relatively small amount of updating I've had to do has been irksome.  Might as well use some of the new string formatting style too, if you haven't already (I mean .format versus %), if that is relevant to your book.  Good luck!