This site can't be reached localhost refused to connect.

Taylors SC

Dec 8, 2023, 2:37:19 PM12/8/23
to sage-edu
When I would open the Sage app, it would open an Jupyter notebook in a Chrome window. Now when I open the Sage app, it opens a browser window, but it has the message "This site can't be reached localhost refused to connect." My internet connection seems fine otherwise. I've tried using Safari and Firefox instead of Chrome, but get the same result. I've also reinstalled Sage and made sure I have the latest version.

David Joyner

Dec 8, 2023, 2:39:34 PM12/8/23
to SAGE edu, SAGE support
You should email sage-support (cc'd). This list is for teaching with sage.

On Fri, Dec 8, 2023, 2:37 PM Taylors SC <tayl...@gmail.com> wrote:
When I would open the Sage app, it would open an Jupyter notebook in a Chrome window. Now when I open the Sage app, it opens a browser window, but it has the message "This site can't be reached localhost refused to connect." My internet connection seems fine otherwise. I've tried using Safari and Firefox instead of Chrome, but get the same result. I've also reinstalled Sage and made sure I have the latest version.

kcrisman

Dec 8, 2023, 3:02:57 PM12/8/23
to sage-edu
On Friday, December 8, 2023 at 2:39:34 PM UTC-5 David Joyner wrote:
You should email sage-support (cc'd). This list is for teaching with sage.

On Fri, Dec 8, 2023, 2:37 PM Taylors SC <tayl...@gmail.com> wrote:
When I would open the Sage app, it would open an Jupyter notebook in a Chrome window. Now when I open the Sage app, it opens a browser window, but it has the message "This site can't be reached localhost refused to connect." My internet connection seems fine otherwise. I've tried using Safari and Firefox instead of Chrome, but get the same result. I've also reinstalled Sage and made sure I have the latest version.

Also, when you ask there, make sure to say precisely which version of the Sage app and Sage you are talking about; over the years there have been a few versions of the Sage app.  Good luck!