automatic grading

john_perry_usm

Feb 28, 2019, 3:36:38 PM2/28/19
to sage-edu
Fellow Sage users

Some time ago I became familiar with a "Maple grader" that automatically grades Maple worksheets that students submit, according to expected output.

Does anyone know of a similar thing for Sage? One reason I ask is that I've thought of building one, but it's a bad idea if someone else has already done something similar!

john perry

William Stein

Feb 28, 2019, 9:07:58 PM2/28/19
to sage-edu
This seems sort of relevant (for Jupyter + Sage Kernel):

https://github.com/jupyter/nbgrader

> john perry
>
> --

William (http://wstein.org)

Ted Kosan

Mar 1, 2019, 2:18:34 PM3/1/19
to sage...@googlegroups.com
I have a significant amount of experience creating automatically graded student worksheets for another CAS, and I would be happy to describe the techniques I use. They may be helpful for adding automatic grading capabilities to Sage.

Ted