Dynamics of the function

Sarif Hassan

Oct 29, 2014, 10:22:37 AM10/29/14
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to understand the dynamics of the difference equation, f(z,w)=a/z+b/w; and the dynamical system is defined as Z_{n+1}=f(Z_{n},f{n-1}).

Anyone can enlighten towards the study of the dynamics?

Ben

Oct 29, 2014, 1:26:50 PM10/29/14
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Sarif,
Could you please be more specific as to what you mean by the
dynamics? I can think of more than a few 'definitions' of the dynamics
of a function.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-dynamics/b8a7145f-b7ba-480e-957d-8b118ee1622c%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-dynamics/b8a7145f-b7ba-480e-957d-8b118ee1622c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Sarif Hassan

Nov 5, 2014, 9:55:02 AM11/5/14
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
I am mainly interested to find fixed points and their stability. Also I am interested about periodicity and chaotic properties.

Ben

Nov 19, 2014, 6:17:32 AM11/19/14
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Well we don't have any functionality in Sage implemented for efficiently
dealing with non-morphisms. However, you can define such a map in Sage:

a=3
b=1
A.<z,w>=AffineSpace(QQ,2)
H=End(A)
f=H([a/z+b/w,z])

or more generically

R.<a,b>=PolynomialRing(QQ)
A.<z,w>=AffineSpace(QQ,2)
H=End(A)
f=H([a/z+b/w,z])

However, unless I'm mistaken, the fixed points of this map are quite
simple as the two values satisfying

a+b = z^2
z=w