needs-review: ticket 20227: chow forms

Ben

Mar 18, 2016, 6:49:33 PM3/18/16
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
I've implemented functionality to
-compute the Chow form of a projective variety
-given a Chow form, compute the variety with that Chow form.
The algorithms I'm using are in a paper by Dalbec and Sturmfels. This is
a preliminary step for computing heights of subvarieties.

Due to the nature of the math, this ticket is somewhat harder to find a
reviewer for. You need to be familiar with projective varieties, plucker
coordinates, and elimination theory. I'm happy to help with filling in
background and I'm hoping someone on this list is suitable to review
this. Let me know if you might be interested.

Thanks,
Ben

Gmail

Mar 19, 2016, 2:13:16 PM3/19/16
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,
Sorry. I'm swamped right now and not familiar with much of what you were describing. Good luck finding someone.

Adam

Sent from my iPhone

wishcow

Mar 19, 2016, 2:37:30 PM3/19/16
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ben,

I will be happy to help if I can.
I am not so familiar with the background, but would be happy to try to learn it for the review.

Soli