reviewing 14218 - heights

Ben

Sep 16, 2013, 1:54:21 PM9/16/13
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
This is to coordinate the review of 14218. A couple different people
either reviewed portions of it or are currently reviewing portions of
it, so we need to do some coordination. I think it would be worth the
effort to make the push to get this done in the next couple weeks so
that it is in Sage 5.12 (the next release) which will also contain all
the git stuff. Let's use this thread to coordinate so that work is not
duplicated. Please reply with what is done and not done and when we're
done we can add the discussion to trac.

Here are the known issues so far (all minor):

projective_point.py:
- green_function: kwd "precision"in should be "prec"
- green_function: Joe's name is spelled wrong
- global_height: lacking both a number field and precision example
- global_height: description still says ZZ or QQ only
- canonical_height: lacking a precision example

projective_point.py:
- green_function: Joe's name is spelled wrong
- canonical_height: lacking precision example
- global_height: no error check for base_ring a number field

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Hutz

Oct 6, 2013, 9:08:38 PM10/6/13
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Adam, Joao, and Soli for reviewing this. I've corrected the issues they found and it is now marked as positive_review. I haven't been able to get the patchbot to test it on all the different platforms (it keeps timing out for some reason), but assuming no issues are found, it will be in 5.13 (we just missed getting it in 5.12).