projspace -> patches

Ben

Oct 11, 2012, 3:28:10 AM10/11/12
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Well, I've moved functionality into patches so that most of the
functionality works again. If you recall, sage 5.0 broke the
functionality that was working at the end of the ICERM semester. I've
put up some patches on my website (http://www.fit.edu/~bhutz), but I
will also keep the wiki current as well
(http://wiki.sagemath.org/dynamics/ArithmeticAndComplex).

When I finished I had a thought about the implementation that I'll also
toss around sage-devel.

I've implemented most of the functionality in

../schemes/generic/morphism.py:
class SchemeMorphism_polynomial_projective_space
class SchemeMorphism_point_projective_space

In hindsight, I'm not sure that was corrected as I'm not sure all of
this functionality should be applied to morphisms of projective
varieties. For example, points on elliptic curves inherit everything
from SchemeMorphism_point_projective_space. The way around that would be
to institute a new class specifically for maps/points on P^N that would
not apply to subschemes.

Comments?

Also, if you're familiar with the review process, please help finish the
review of trac #13130. It has been looked at by a couple different
people, but has not yet been marked "positive review" or "needs work".

Ben