Need for docker image for Sage 7.X

asutosh hota

Feb 27, 2017, 7:27:16 AM2/27/17
to sage-dynamics
Installing sage and building it from scratch can be difficult for complete newbies. However, building and running the project from the docker image is comparatively easier. However, Sage is in its 7X version but in the docker hub repository, there is a sage image for 6.7 version. I would suggest building and uploading a  7X version docker image in the docker hub for convenience to newcomers. I would like to take this task. I would love some insights from the community for the same if this is actually necessary.

With Regards

Asutosh

Vincent Delecroix

Feb 27, 2017, 8:27:38 AM2/27/17
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com, sage-devel
This kind of discussion belong to sage-devel. Please continue the
discussion there.

Vincent

Ben

Feb 27, 2017, 9:54:17 AM2/27/17
to sage-d...@googlegroups.com
Asutosh,
This more general sage development question is best put on the
sage-devel list. I, for one, know basically nothing about the 'docker
hub' repository.

Best,
Ben